Grape seed oil

Restaurants, food, beverage, hawkers, and local markets and suppliers. This is the place for discussion on Hua Hin's culinary options.
m_right
Guru
Guru

Grape seed oil

Post by m_right »

I have started using Coconut and grape seed oil for many things like cooking. I can find coconut oil but I can't seem to find grape seed oil anywhere in Hua Hin. Anyone seen it?
"Religion is What Keeps the Poor from Murdering the Rich" -- Napoleon Bonaparte
sand_dancer
Guru
Guru

Re: Grape seed oil

Post by sand_dancer »

Stick with the coconut oil......

You might want to read this.....

http://authoritynutrition.com/grape-seed-oil/
Dannie Boy
Hero
Hero

Post by Dannie Boy »

m_right wrote:I have started using Coconut and grape seed oil for many things like cooking. I can find coconut oil but I can't seem to find grape seed oil anywhere in Hua Hin. Anyone seen it?
I'm assuming it wasn't a typo and you didn't mean rape seed oil, which is becoming a big thing in the UK (elsewhere no doubt), especially cold pressed, which is seen as a very good alternative to Extra Virgin Olive Oil? That too is in none of the big stores, maybe Village Market might stock it.
caller
Hero
Hero

Post by caller »

Rape seed oil in LOS comes from either Oz, Canada or the US and is known as canola oil.
Talk is cheap
Dannie Boy
Hero
Hero

Post by Dannie Boy »

caller wrote:Rape seed oil in LOS comes from either Oz, Canada or the US and is known as canola oil.
They say you learn something new every day - Canola oil is widely available so :cheers:
m_right
Guru
Guru

Post by m_right »

It was indeed a typo. I meant grape seed oil. My main use of it is as an ingredient for massage oil. I also use it to grease pans when baking. I am looking for it in Thailand as a substitute for the cheap junk used for oil massage. Maybe I should try a mixture canola oil (from rape seed) and coconut oil.
"Religion is What Keeps the Poor from Murdering the Rich" -- Napoleon Bonaparte