Market Village Donor Kebabs - Which is who?

Restaurants, food, beverage, hawkers, and local markets and suppliers. This is the place for discussion on Hua Hin's culinary options.
Homer
Rock Star
Rock Star

Market Village Donor Kebabs - Which is who?

Post by Homer »

I've lost track. There have been at least 2 vendors in 5 different places at the 2 MV food courts. The original vendors had a stand near the cash card counter in the original food court. Are they still in business? If so, where?
Bluesky
Guru
Guru

Re: Market Village Donor Kebabs - Which is who?

Post by Bluesky »

Had a kebab on the basement food court at MV about 2 days ago it was located towards the western side of the food court (near to motorcycle parking exit) if I remember correctly there is also one at the Tesco lotus food court on the left hand side of the dining area when entering from the main mall area. Quality?? Well a bit different to the ones from your local kebab shop I'm Australia.
'Diplomacy is the art of telling people to go to hell in such a way they ask for directions'. -Winston Churchill-
Homer
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by Homer »

Looks like I wasn't clear. All I want to know is if the vendor who had the first MV donor kebab stand still has one. If so, which one is it.
HHTel
Hero
Hero

Post by HHTel »

The one near the cash desk outside Tesco moved to the far corner of the food court but has since closed down. The only one around now is the one near the exit to the m/cycle park but I'm not sure if it's the same woman who owns it. If it is she certainly doesn't appear at the counter any more.
HHTel
Hero
Hero

Post by HHTel »

I've just been told that there's one back near the cash counter (where it was originally) but it's only hearsay. Haven't checked it out myself.
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

Yes, there is definitely a 2nd vendor there now.

[Edit] I'm fairly sure the original vendor sold up, just before it moved to the corner spot in Market Village.
Championship Plymouth Argyle 0 - 1 Preston NE :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Points 41; Position 18
bsdk1960
Ace
Ace

Post by bsdk1960 »

IMO the " new" up in the Tesco food corner is the "old" kebab place,at least I remember the lady up there,maybe its the same owner,taste same same to me :shock:

:cheers: :cheers:
Jools

Post by Jools »

You're right BB. The original was sold and Tesco Lotus then forced the new owner to use the card system and not cash. i understand Tesco Lotus take about 20% from the cards when used with their vendors,
My understanding is the new owner was not too happy about the situation having been forced to stop taking cash only and having to then move into one of the units.
Play Up Pompey
Pagey
Legend
Legend

Post by Pagey »

The original vendor from near the cash counter is now in the basement near the mbike entrance.
'If you didn't have a wasted youth you wasted your youth'

Man in pub circa 1987.
dtaai-maai
Hero
Hero

Post by dtaai-maai »

Pagey wrote:The original vendor from near the cash counter is now in the basement near the mbike entrance.
Blimey. The Aston Villa of kebab vendors. :shock: :(
This is the way
dtaai-maai
Hero
Hero

Post by dtaai-maai »

bsdk1960 wrote:IMO the " new" up in the Tesco food corner is the "old" kebab place,at least I remember the lady up there,maybe its the same owner,taste same same to me :shock:

:cheers: :cheers:
Sounds like there are several choices now. Mrs D-M used to treat me occasionally (with a kebab) on her visits to MV. For those with a more sophisticated appreciation of this delicacy than bsdk, which is the best? :D
This is the way
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

Pagey wrote:The original vendor from near the cash counter is now in the basement near the mbike entrance.
I thought he sold up before it moved to the corner of the first floor food court. I also thought I'd read somewhere (on here?) that the new owner moved downstairs so that he could get cash customers instead of cash card customers, with Tesco claiming their %.
Championship Plymouth Argyle 0 - 1 Preston NE :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Points 41; Position 18
oakdale160
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by oakdale160 »

The original vendor was a Turkish guy. He sold out and moved to BKK. BUT--Tesco moved the new owner from the prime position near the ticket booth to the far corner, So the owner moved downstairs. NOWa new one has appeared with a stall very close to the old site and it is a cash site and they use the word Turkish but I do not think that there is any turkish connection. So there are 2 options one upstairs and one down. I have tried the upstairs one and it is very similar to the original. Pretty healthy lunch, big salad and chicken. go easy on the Mayo!
Pagey
Legend
Legend

Post by Pagey »

oakdale160 wrote:The original vendor was a Turkish guy. He sold out and moved to BKK. BUT--Tesco moved the new owner from the prime position near the ticket booth to the far corner, So the owner moved downstairs. NOWa new one has appeared with a stall very close to the old site and it is a cash site and they use the word Turkish but I do not think that there is any turkish connection. So there are 2 options one upstairs and one down. I have tried the upstairs one and it is very similar to the original. Pretty healthy lunch, big salad and chicken. go easy on the Mayo!
The one in the basement is Alex Isin, the original Turk from upstairs. Call him and confirm if you wish. 0874141015.

Man in pub circa 1987.
Pagey
Legend
Legend

Post by Pagey »

If I remember correctly, when he first moved from upstairs, someone posted on this forum that he stuck a note on his stall saying he had moved to the basement.

Man in pub circa 1987.