Delicious seafood in Hua Hin?

Restaurants, food, beverage, hawkers, and local markets and suppliers. This is the place for discussion on Hua Hin's culinary options.
Eiahhh

Delicious seafood in Hua Hin?

Post by Eiahhh »

I'm thinking of going down to the piers to feast on some delicious seafood.. But there are so many of those restaurants down there.. Whats the best ones? Or maybe there is a better seafood restaurants elsewhere?
NOKYAI
Ace
Ace

Re: Delicious seafood

Post by NOKYAI »

The reason they have been there unchanged for many years and are always busy is because they are good.
Chaolay never has never disappointed me in all the years I have been going there. I know it's seafood heaven, but give the ribs a try. House white wine Is good and not expensive too.
Enjoying 'Retirement'....So many jobs to do, I don't know how I ever had time to work!
pharvey

Post by pharvey »

The LHG and I took the "oldies" to one of the Pier Restaurants a few years back - dreadful experience. Unsuprisingly very touristy, but also very expensive for what it was, not particularly great food and extremely poor service.

As such, we have never visited another of the Pier Restaurants. Perhaps we were just unlucky in the one we chose, or the particular night we visited - either way, I do not want to pay the money again for the risk of a similar experience.

However, we have had great seafood at numerous beachside stops at incredibly low prices.

:cheers: :cheers:
"Hope is a good thing, maybe the best of things" - Yma o Hyd.
Eiahhh

Post by Eiahhh »

Thanks... I'll give Chaolay a go :) :)
oakdale160
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by oakdale160 »

Great fora party, I have some Chinese friends from BKK who come to HH aboutoncea month and always eat there, it is very Chinese friendly which will do them well.
Rumor is of course that they are all going to be closed as they are illegal.
hhfarang
Hero
Hero

Post by hhfarang »

If you want excellent seafood at a reasonable price with a nice ocean setting, out of downtown traffic and with a parking lot try the Sailom Hotel's open air restaurant on Phetkasam Rd. (just north of Soi 102 on the opposite side of the road). This was our local go-to spot for good seafood in the last years of our stay.
My brain is like an Internet browser; 12 tabs are open and 5 of them are not responding, there's a GIF playing in an endless loop,... and where is that annoying music coming from?
bsdk1960
Ace
Ace

Post by bsdk1960 »

hhfarang wrote:If you want excellent seafood at a reasonable price with a nice ocean setting, out of downtown traffic and with a parking lot try the Sailom Hotel's open air restaurant on Phetkasam Rd. (just north of Soi 102 on the opposite side of the road). This was our local go-to spot for good seafood in the last years of our stay.
Agree with you hhf.
good settings ,prices and food very good to

:cheers: :cheers:
NOKYAI
Ace
Ace

Post by NOKYAI »

I remember many years ago, on several occasions the King and other members of the Royal family used to turn up there by sea in a small speed boat. It was all pretty informal although they had a private dining room.
It's one of those places that you tend to forget....haven't been in years! Glad it's still good, will revisit it.
Enjoying 'Retirement'....So many jobs to do, I don't know how I ever had time to work!
StevePIraq
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by StevePIraq »

Choalay is good but getting expensive and weekends far to busy. No need to go to the beach front restaurants if you want seafood, night market has plenty try Bird Chilli it is always good.
"Live everyday as if it were your last because someday you're going to be right." Muhammad Ali
Pleng
Legend
Legend

Post by Pleng »

The OP has stated a desire to eat at one of the pier restaurants... of course there's going to be good seafood available cheaper elsewhere but perhaps he doesn't mind paying that little bit extra to sit somewhere more picturesque than Phetkasam Rd and the Night Market!!

I'll second what others have said; chaolay is very good - though I'd avoid the fish cakes as they're pre-packaged factory made jobbies. Everything else I've had there has been fantastic - I regularly take visitors there. I have been to a few others; names I can't remember, and they've all also been very good.
StevePIraq
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by StevePIraq »

To the OP, you could try any of the pier restaurants I have been to most and only had one bad experience, the restaurant 2nd from the jetty (do not know the name). Personally I just don't like to wait when they are too busy which is mainly the weekends. There are so many places in HH it all depends on your desires and the depth of your pocket.

Do let us know where you go and how much you enjoyed the evening.
"Live everyday as if it were your last because someday you're going to be right." Muhammad Ali
oakdale160
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by oakdale160 »

TheSailom hotel is a great choice, for you guys with cars, plenty of parking. Table with a sea-view and prices only a little higher than in town.