Burgers & More

Restaurants, food, beverage, hawkers, and local markets and suppliers. This is the place for discussion on Hua Hin's culinary options.
SPONSORS: Hua Hin Ham & Bacon : The Palm Bistro
Post Reply
hin
Specialist
Specialist
Posts: 113
Joined: Wed Mar 04, 2015 4:56 pm

Burgers & More

Post by hin » Thu Apr 26, 2018 5:28 pm

So, Another self appointed moderator.

Just thought some people might like to know about this place because where else in Hua Hin will you find a duck burger or a lamb burger, And in a black bun, that I have never seen before but is good enuf that I would enjoy eating it even if there were nothing inside. And beer or wine to wash it down

Homer
Legend
Legend
Posts: 2753
Joined: Sun Mar 21, 2010 3:11 pm

Re: Burders and More

Post by Homer » Thu Apr 26, 2018 7:21 pm

Thanks, I'll give it a try.
hin wrote:
Mon Apr 23, 2018 11:08 am
N 12º 33’ 22.6” x E 099º 57’ 18.6’
Google maps couldn't handle that, even after I changed 18.6' to 18.6". This worked:
12º 33’ 22.6”N 099º 57’ 18.6"E
gMaps gave this decimal equivalent: 12.556278, 99.955167

hin
Specialist
Specialist
Posts: 113
Joined: Wed Mar 04, 2015 4:56 pm

Re: Hua Hin Restaurant News

Post by hin » Thu Apr 26, 2018 9:00 pm

Right, my old Garmin is usually set to the traditional format. But If you use decimals it is: N12.556278 x E99.955167 Google maps shud accept that but use a coma instead of ‘x’ and leave off the N & E too

Good site for converting Degrees Minutes Seconds (DMS) to Decimal Degrees and visa versa
https://www.fcc.gov/media/radio/dms-decimal

Maybe we shud do a GPs thread. A lot of people don’t seem to know about this stuff

oakdale160
Rock Star
Rock Star
Posts: 3372
Joined: Sat Jul 06, 2013 9:51 pm

Re: Hua Hin Restaurant News

Post by oakdale160 » Fri Apr 27, 2018 3:18 am

I guess a Burder is a Burger with muderous ability.

PBbeacher
Professional
Professional
Posts: 313
Joined: Fri Jul 30, 2010 3:07 pm

Re: Burgers & More

Post by PBbeacher » Fri Apr 27, 2018 10:33 am

Had a (beef) burger there yesterday, was very good. Opted for extra cheese and a fried egg. Could have done 2 easily. Didn't have a one, but the beers are very well priced (90b for large Heineken).
The portion of microwaved mashed potato that came with it was laughable though.

TunnelRats
Amateur
Amateur
Posts: 32
Joined: Sun Sep 23, 2012 11:56 pm

Re: Burgers & More

Post by TunnelRats » Fri Apr 27, 2018 5:11 pm

hin wrote:
Thu Apr 26, 2018 5:28 pm
So, Another self appointed moderator.

Just thought some people might like to know about this place because where else in Hua Hin will you find a duck burger or a lamb burger, And in a black bun, that I have never seen before but is good enuf that I would enjoy eating it even if there were nothing inside. And beer or wine to wash it down
Hin,
whats a "black bun"?
Never heard and have no glue...

Thanks for reply!
"This login session $13,99 but for you $12,78"

bsdk1960
Ace
Ace
Posts: 1453
Joined: Mon Jul 16, 2012 2:21 pm
Location: hua hin/frederiksberg DK.

Re: Burgers & More

Post by bsdk1960 » Fri Apr 27, 2018 6:31 pm

TunnelRats wrote:
Fri Apr 27, 2018 5:11 pm
hin wrote:
Thu Apr 26, 2018 5:28 pm
So, Another self appointed moderator.

Just thought some people might like to know about this place because where else in Hua Hin will you find a duck burger or a lamb burger, And in a black bun, that I have never seen before but is good enuf that I would enjoy eating it even if there were nothing inside. And beer or wine to wash it down
Hin,
whats a "black bun"?
Never heard and have no glue...

Thanks for reply!



:cheers: :cheers:

hin
Specialist
Specialist
Posts: 113
Joined: Wed Mar 04, 2015 4:56 pm

Re: Burgers & More

Post by hin » Fri Apr 27, 2018 7:53 pm

Good video, Thanx.! Now we can DIY them right here at home. And large practical size. But ready-made at B & M is convenient if u don’t have a Kitchen Aid mixer or don’t want to wait until Ocrober.

As the original post, with location, was left behind when the thread was moved, here is a copy:
Burders and More
Post by hin » Mon Apr 23, 2018 11:08 am

Looks like someone is building a new small food court about a block north of the 20 baht store and across the street from the existing one. On the Soi between Soi 94 and the Soi 88 food court. Nice little open air restaurant serving spaghetti, Vietnamese and Thai food, beer, wine, soft drinks, and good burgers in a nice black bread flax seed bun with a choice of duck, pork, chicken, beef or lamb. Large letters standing on the roof say ‘Burgers & More‘ N 12º 33’ 22.6” x E 099º 57’ 18.6"
Wish I could sink my choppers into an Aussie burger, Like Burger King in Queensland used to make. In addition to all the usual deluxe inclusions had a slice of pineapple, slice of beet root, a fried egg, and was huge

Takiap
Rock Star
Rock Star
Posts: 3478
Joined: Sun Apr 09, 2006 1:55 pm
Location: Bo Fai

Re: Burgers & More

Post by Takiap » Sat Apr 28, 2018 9:14 am

PBbeacher wrote:
Fri Apr 27, 2018 10:33 am
Had a (beef) burger there yesterday, was very good. Opted for extra cheese and a fried egg. Could have done 2 easily. Didn't have a one, but the beers are very well priced (90b for large Heineken).
The portion of microwaved mashed potato that came with it was laughable though.

If one wasn't filling enough then I can't imagine it being much of a burger, unless comparing to BK or McD, both of which serve meat patties on buns, not burgers.

:cheers:
Don't try to impress me with your manner of dress cos a monkey himself is a monkey no less - cold fact

Takiap
Rock Star
Rock Star
Posts: 3478
Joined: Sun Apr 09, 2006 1:55 pm
Location: Bo Fai

Re: Burgers & More

Post by Takiap » Sat Apr 28, 2018 9:29 am

Slightly off topic I know, but I remember the first time I traveled abroad from SA to London, and for the first time in my life visited a Mc Donalds. :shock:

I was with a mate of mine, and when our burgers arrive, we didn't know whether we should laugh or cry. The most pathetic burgers I had ever seen and to make matters even worse, they cost about 7 times more that what a real burger cost back in SA. Needless to say, during my 10+ years in the UK, I never supported BK or McD at all apart from once or twice. In all the years I've been in Thailand, I have only once ordered a burger from McD, and that was in Hua-Hin. Yes, I was just too lazy to walk to walk back to Binta for a Binta Burger which may not be the best, but a trillion times better that BK or McD in my opinion.


Strangely enough, my kids really enjoy most Farang food, but they aren't much into burgers and also not into Thai pizzas, but love KFC.

Anyway, I'll have to try Burgers & More because a few mates have also recommended it to me.


:cheers:
Don't try to impress me with your manner of dress cos a monkey himself is a monkey no less - cold fact

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: albaker and 5 guests