Dreams

This is the free for all area, live and unleashed, say what you like!
MrPlum
Banned
Banned

Re: Dreams

Post by MrPlum »

E-Dork wrote:You haven't seen my wife. I think we can rule this one out as she's gettin' on a bit now. :)
In that case you may have a subconscious hope. :wink:

Dream analysis is very iffy. I wouldn't dwell on it unless the dreams are recurring.
richard
Deceased
Deceased

Post by richard »

Well I had a weird one last night

I was at an Aussie/England cricket match and was down at the crease with a microscope and complaining that the grass was too long and patchy and that they needed a new lawn mower

I like cricket but that was absurd. I'm not a fanatic and maybe the reason was I was chatting to an Aussie friend the day before but not about cricket

The brain is a confusing box of tricks (in my case anyway :laugh: :laugh: )
RICHARD OF LOXLEY

It’s none of my business what people say and think of me. I am what I am and do what I do. I expect nothing and accept everything. It makes life so much easier.
Jimbob
Legend
Legend

Post by Jimbob »

Gee Richard
Doing a Tony Greg impersonation reporting on the pitch in your sleep is not a good sign and for a Yorkshire man not to be a cricket fanatic?

I think that when we are asleep the sub conscious brain is a bit like a file room with daily events and thoughts being shuffled into the memory spots but some thoughts get lost and have to go round again. (if that makes any sense? :? )
pharvey

Dreams

Post by pharvey »

Foo is probably the only place to post......

Just interesting to know how people dream.

My father (lucky barsteward) will decide what (or who) he wants to dream about before he sleeps.... WTF? His favorite is when he is on business in Japan and is given a "Geisha Girl" who is an expert in Kung Fu - he starts a fight in the bar and she sorts it out!!

Me on the other hand have suffered from nightmares and sleepwalking for the majority of my life - embarrassing when you travel and end up in the hotel reception in your y-fronts!! Frightening when you wake up somewhere where you don't know.

I love my Sci-fi (weird as the LHG calls them) movies and X-Files'esk shows - is this the reason for strange dreams?

Oh, I'm not a nutter or on drugs by the way!!

:cheers: :cheers:
"Hope is a good thing, maybe the best of things" - Yma o Hyd.
MDMK
Ace
Ace

Post by MDMK »

pharvey wrote: Sat Aug 18, 2018 1:30 am embarrassing when you travel and end up in the hotel reception in your y-fronts!!
I would good money to see that :thumb:

I think I have a wee bit what your father has with dreams, no kung-fu geishas thank god. If go to bed and lie thinking for instance about a white sandy beach and a turquoise ocean, then I'll often have a nice beachy dream. On the flip side if I go to bed with worries I have awful nightmares.
dtaai-maai
Hero
Hero

Post by dtaai-maai »

A weird coincidence, as I was thinking the other day of starting a thread on recurring dreams.

I miss the flying/astral planing/levitation dreams I used to have as a young man. I had another in which I was on my back on a hospital gurney being wheeled along a corridor with fluorescent lights flashing past me.

Another usually cropped up when I was involved in a play. I'd be about to appear on stage when I realised I hadn't bothered to learn my lines.

I don't often remember my dreams these days; maybe that's because I don't sleep well.

I'd love to be able to choose my own dreams...
This is the way
MDMK
Ace
Ace

Post by MDMK »

One of the most vivid dreams I had was about 3 yrs ago.

I was a magician

And I was doing a world tour with Dynamo. It was very tiring tour. Lots of stops.

Nothing exciting happened, it was actually a really boring dream

but it was so so vivid and real -- and I don't even like magicians so have no idea where it came from except I had watched Dynamo on telly.
Lost
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by Lost »

Dreams are bizarre indeed. The person who invents the device which can record dreams, is the hero we need. Incidentally, we already have a thread in FOO sharing the same title (thought I could remember one, so searched it)

https://huahinforum.com/viewtopic.php?f ... ms#p198877

:cheers:
I don't trust children. They're here to replace us.
Lost
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by Lost »

dtaai-maai wrote: Sat Aug 18, 2018 1:39 am Another usually cropped up when I was involved in a play. I'd be about to appear on stage when I realised I hadn't bothered to learn my lines.
In my younger years, my job involved a lot of public speaking to small audiences. Had dreams basically the same in that I've reached the microphone without any preparation. What followed was a mumbling, bumbling excuse of a speech. In those days, that was a nightmare to me. Hated those dreams!

I don't trust children. They're here to replace us.
pharvey

Post by pharvey »

Lost wrote: Sat Aug 18, 2018 3:16 am Dreams are bizarre indeed. The person who invents the device which can record dreams, is the hero we need. Incidentally, we already have a thread in FOO sharing the same title (thought I could remember one, so searched it)

https://huahinforum.com/viewtopic.php?f ... ms#p198877

Yep, sorry - Mods, maybe we can merge the two?

:cheers: :cheers:
"Hope is a good thing, maybe the best of things" - Yma o Hyd.