What would make your Christmas complete?

This is the free for all area, live and unleashed, say what you like!
dtaai-maai
Hero
Hero

What would make your Christmas complete?

Post by dtaai-maai »

Now I'm a bit bah-humbuggy about Christmas these days, but I'm working at my computer today and listening to Classic FM, which is playing a fair bit of (quite decent) Christmas music. And despite myself I'm sort of getting into the spirit of things.

Anyway, it occurred to me that apart from my daughter turning up on my doorstep with my 2 little granddaughters, one thing that would really give me a deal of pleasure would be to have a group of decent (or at least enthusiastic...) carol singers turn up at my gate.

Victorian costumes and a lantern would be nice but perhaps too much to expect.

Anyone else have a Christmas wish?
This is the way
Bristolian
Deceased
Deceased

Re: What would make your Christmas complete?

Post by Bristolian »

Somewhat like you I am expecting my son to arrive next week from the UK which is truly fantastic.

This will be the first Christmas that I have not visited my family in the UK for 12 years.

My simple wish would be for my grown up daughter, her partner and my 3 grandchildren to arrive, with my son, unannounced. I would love to have a complete family Christmas with all that really matter around me. It can’t happen but Christmas is all about kids and family and you did ask for wishes!

I guess that, as this can not happen, having some "quality time"with my son is still goining to be one of the highlights of my year.

Merry Christmas
"'The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why." - Mark Twain
blue05
Guru
Guru

Post by blue05 »

Cadburys Selection Box, nice and easy
MrPlum
Banned
Banned

Post by MrPlum »

Snow.
migrant
Addict
Addict

Post by migrant »

MrPlum wrote:Snow.
:agree:
The proper function of man is to live, not to exist. I shall not waste my days in trying to prolong them. I shall use my time.
jingjoe
Guru
Guru

Post by jingjoe »

my young son saying" dadda" for the first time and giving me a big hug
STEVE G
Hero
Hero

Post by STEVE G »

Having cycled to work here last week when it was -7 °C, I can tell you that snow is the very last thing I'm going to Thailand for Christmas for!
J.J.B.
Guru
Guru

Post by J.J.B. »

STEVE G wrote:
Having cycled to work here last week when it was -7 °C, I can tell you that snow is the very last thing I'm going to Thailand for Christmas for!
I agree, I left 20cm of the stuff in Milan on Friday and have no desire to see it here in Hua Hin!
"A man who does not think for himself, does not think at all."
Wilde
richard
Deceased
Deceased

Post by richard »

dtaai-maai wrote:Now I'm a bit bah-humbuggy about Christmas these days, but I'm working at my computer today and listening to Classic FM, which is playing a fair bit of (quite decent) Christmas music. And despite myself I'm sort of getting into the spirit of things.

Anyway, it occurred to me that apart from my daughter turning up on my doorstep with my 2 little granddaughters, one thing that would really give me a deal of pleasure would be to have a group of decent (or at least enthusiastic...) carol singers turn up at my gate.

DM,

Take a trip to Condo Chain on Christmas eve. In the foyer (6 pm I think) the orphanage turn up and sing Christmas carols. Amazing how they remember the words. No song sheets. Of course with the resident Scandinavian, German and Russian holiday makers a pot is soon filled with 100/500/1000 bht notes for the orphanage.

Very nostalgic and moving event.

Personally I would like a chimney (pretty difficult in a condo) and be able to pin up a stocking, leave a brandy and a mince pie ready for some big fat papa Christmas to come and fill it full of Samsung :laugh:
RICHARD OF LOXLEY

It’s none of my business what people say and think of me. I am what I am and do what I do. I expect nothing and accept everything. It makes life so much easier.
Siani
Legend
Legend

Post by Siani »

If my parents were still here, that would be lovely and fill a big gap.

I suppose James Dean roaring up on his 1955 Triumph Trophy motorcycle woulld be a close second 8) .

Seriously, a good time with the family, peace and harmony..that is all I ask for :)
imagesCA8B2HVM.jpg
imagesCA8B2HVM.jpg (11.86 KiB) Viewed 615 times
kendo
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by kendo »

richard wrote:
dtaai-maai wrote:Now I'm a bit bah-humbuggy about Christmas these days, but I'm working at my computer today and listening to Classic FM, which is playing a fair bit of (quite decent) Christmas music. And despite myself I'm sort of getting into the spirit of things.

DM,

Take a trip to Condo Chain on Christmas eve. In the foyer (6 pm I think) the orphanage turn up and sing Christmas carols. Amazing how they remember the words. No song sheets. Of course with the resident Scandinavian, German and Russian holiday makers a pot is soon filled with 100/500/1000 bht notes for the orphanage.

Very nostalgic and moving event.

Personally I would like a chimney (pretty difficult in a condo) and be able to pin up a stocking, leave a brandy and a mince pie ready for some big fat papa Christmas to come and fill it full of Samsung :laugh:
I thought a stunning Thai maiden in a pair of stocking and a Santa hat would be more your cuppa tea Richard. :D

kendo. :cheers:
Is Bangkok a place or a nasty injury.......Eric Morcombe.

Proud to be a Southampton FC Fan.
richard
Deceased
Deceased

Post by richard »

Kendo

It would be a big stocking so I'd get one of those in there anyway.

Trouble is the wife's back so I'm handcuffed.

Shit, that's gonna get a few comments
RICHARD OF LOXLEY

It’s none of my business what people say and think of me. I am what I am and do what I do. I expect nothing and accept everything. It makes life so much easier.
MrPlum
Banned
Banned

Post by MrPlum »

STEVE G wrote:
You'll miss it when it's gone. The warmistas said there would be no more snow... remember? :wink:
Vital Spark
Legend
Legend

Post by Vital Spark »

I know just what you mean DM. I'd love to teleport myself to the UK, give my mum a big hug, and join her with a glass of sherry or two.

As far as carols are concerned, all I need is a couple of bars of 'Oh, Come All Ye Faithful' and I'm belting it out - especially when it builds up to the climax. I'm not a particularly religious person, but there's something about Christmas carols that give me a warm, fuzzy feeling.

I'll decorate the office with a few bits of tinsel and a tree, and make a few Christmas crackers (without the snaps this year as no-one will send them to Thailand), and Mr. VS will cook up a lovely Christmas lunch which is usually delayed a few days because we both teach on the 25th. We download the King's College Christmas service, and sing along to it while we prepare the lunch.

Forget prezzies and stuff. Just good food and the company of those I love is my ideal Christmas.
VS
"Properly trained, man can be a dog's best friend"
richard
Deceased
Deceased

Post by richard »

:cheers:
RICHARD OF LOXLEY