Is Internet Bashing a Sickness?

This is the free for all area, live and unleashed, say what you like!
MrPlum
Banned
Banned

Is Internet Bashing a Sickness?

Post by MrPlum »

Over the years HHAD has been blessed by the absence of serious bashing. It tends to be good-natured or is a storm in a teacup and over fairly quickly. At least for most members. Cliques tend to form on most forums with individuals uniting with others to dominate the discourse. Not for the better. Another forum in Thailand is now almost unusable, due to 'basher' activity.

'Bashing' is such a common phenomenon, it's worth looking to see what is going on. This piece is called The PSYCHOLOGY OF INTERNET BASHING... http://www.archerytalk.com/vb/archive/i ... 11186.html (seems appropriate that it is on an archery forum.)

I've cherry-picked some conclusions. You may recognize some of these traits in certain members. Please maintain some brevity and not chuckle too loudly. This is a serious study...

'Internet-Bashing is a new way of anonymously personally insulting mainly prominent persons by questioning their work as well as their personality on the internet.'

'...the average internet-basher has an average IQ, can communicate intellectually but is not using this ability or is unable to use it.'

'The very intense and concentrated use of superlatives or negative connotations is very interesting too. Those are typical indices for strong deficits in self-esteem. It also underlines the fact that these persons take their time to bash on such an intense and very emotional level with one single person. They try to create closeness to the person they bash on.'

'The very distinctive usage of swearwords as well as negative superlatives underlines how helpless these people are in real life.'

'They are typical victims in their own created internet world. They compensate their own inability of dealing with themselves and concentrate their emotions on prominent persons. This can create sort of a domino effect: Finding others who jump on this too is creating an artificial union, a made up family on the net. Chat rooms and internet boards deliver a perfect meeting place for such individuals. It is about getting attention, being noticed, being someone one cannot be outside the home.'

'homoerotic intensions/feelings seem to play a huge part in this new internet phenomenon. The very high level of very concrete sexual connotations is a clear hint for that.'

'...He has a low social competence, lives on the net. He has a strong homoerotic intention which he is unable to live out and distinctive inferiority complex.'

As if that wasn't already apparent.
Lev
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

Re: Is Internet Bashing a Sickness?

Post by Lev »

Do not blame the forum.

Try looking closer to home and thinking twice before starting seriously controversial topics that will attract the attention of members that do not share your opinion and, in fact, completely oppose it.
sargeant
Deceased
Deceased

Post by sargeant »

NO it is perfectly understandable when people with attention deficit disorder (that is a recognized illness) constantly derail even the most mundane of subjects and continuously link it to conspiracy theories.

They also constantly complain they are picked on and yet crave attention.

They refuse to debate and revel in the fact that they do ignore people.

They do not want debate they are only interested in ramming their myopic view of the world down peoples throats.

They constantly demean and and slur members with more IQ than them and refuse to give qualifications because they have none.
They do however demand that all others must be scrutinized (peer review etc et al)
homoerotic intensions/feelings seem to play a huge part

Another Homo word the poster uses the words buggery and buggered but revels in enemas and homophobia (the action of inserting a tube into the anus of another and injecting a liquid into it) but is so blinkered he cannot see a connection

He feels he is superior to all beings hence he has no graces whatsoever he has a god complex this is expressed with his unbound less racism.

I will say it has not been a lone battle i have fought, numerous members have battled manfully the fact that more members are joining the fray says in spades.

CUT the CRAP it is not just me the forum is bored with you.
A Greatfull Guest of Thailand
Gregjam
Ace
Ace

Post by Gregjam »

Wow, heavy stuff this, way beyond my meagre IQ. A bit lost by the responses. Is there a subtle target for the OP? The administrators seem to do a good job on this forum and I would hope they prevent the odd unfriendly exchange escalating into conflict. It is good that the forum is pretty active and does not take a huge IQ to not click on a particular thread. No doubt admins will upset some but that comes with the responsibility.

Time to get back to reading about where I can find a good non-lager beer, might as well kill off the remaining brain cells.
MrPlum
Banned
Banned

Post by MrPlum »

Lev wrote:Do not blame the forum.
There is no attempt to do so. The phenomenon is internet-wide, not forum-specific.
Try looking closer to home and thinking twice before starting seriously controversial topics that will attract the attention of members that do not share your opinion and, in fact, completely oppose it.
No problem with this. It goes with the territory. You will be hard-pressed to find any forum that doesn't discuss controversial issues or experience polarized views.
sand_dancer
Guru
Guru

Post by sand_dancer »

Well said that man......
'Internet-Bashing is a new way of anonymously personally insulting mainly prominent persons by questioning their work as well as their personality on the internet.
When individuals advise others on medical issues...... When they are not qualified to do so..... This is both ethically wrong and illegal...... It is therefore natural that people will raise questions.....

The same can probably be said about your " Alternative medicine "......

The simple way of alleviating the questioning of your superior knowledge...... Is very simple..... As previous requested by myself and others...... Tell us all what your qualifications are...... Along with the issuing authority for each qualification.....

Simple..... Straightforward...... Job done......

Unless of course......
Dannie Boy
Hero
Hero

Post by Dannie Boy »

My observations are that you (Mr P) tend to bring out the worst of a number of the forum members - with your carefully created topics and often provocative comments, I can only suppose this is deliberate. If you eased off the throttle a bit, you might find that others do likewise. As the good bible says "you shall reap what you sow".
Spitfire
Addict
Addict

Post by Spitfire »

Just a personal view.......but,

One of the main problems with many, but not all, internet forums/chat rooms and places which allow people vent opinion/steam in an anonymous way from behind a pseudonym is that it attracts/tempts those who are inclined to act or speak in a narcissistic way, in the pursuit of vanity and the satisfaction of one's perceived personal egotistical admiration regarding their mental abilities that ultimately derives from arrogant pride.

Greek mythical figure Narcissus.........fell in love with his own image reflected in a pool of water (after rejecting a nymph's advances) and ended up gazing endlessly at his own image.

This forum is generally an example of the exception to the norm as it's parameters are well defined and constantly highlighted in a consistent way with trolling dealt with as it should be in a timely manner. Most forums are not like this, hence the levels of silliness are low in general on here.........however, there are always a few Elton John handbag swinging moments/episodes every now and then but just to a lesser degree than on most other forums.
Resolve dissolves in alcohol
sargeant
Deceased
Deceased

Post by sargeant »

If he would answer question raised and debate i would have no problem with it

If his argument had merit it would stand the test

Ignoring and BRAGGING about it says he does not want debate and he only wants to ram his scewed view down every ones throat and is just simply ignorant

The problem is not with the people that hold him to account (Super Joe is the classical example) it is with the OP if you do not want debate just accept that many will say dont post it

Their once was another forum that died as a result of someone who posted in the same vein as Mr P

It died of boredom :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:
hhfarang
Hero
Hero

Post by hhfarang »

Elton John handbag swinging moments/episodes
Good one Spitfire! :lach:
My brain is like an Internet browser; 12 tabs are open and 5 of them are not responding, there's a GIF playing in an endless loop,... and where is that annoying music coming from?
kendo
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by kendo »

Is internet bashing a sickness?
Mr Plum ask youself do you strive to add value to this forum?
Is it just a source of amusement and entertainment ?
Do you strive to have some sort of domination ?
Is no other forum members opinion valid?
Your very strong self belief what are your credentials?
When questioned why do you feel under attack?

In my opinion you are an internet self harmer and do your self no favours, please with respect don't look upon this as an attack it's just an opinion.

I have also wondered if your dislike to your sons life style has given you personal shame and enbarisment and do you live out being a superior dominant male through your keyboard.

Kendo. :cheers:
Is Bangkok a place or a nasty injury.......Eric Morcombe.

Proud to be a Southampton FC Fan.
richard
Deceased
Deceased

Post by richard »

Interesting thread and a good point to debate

Mr. Plum, your a devil :twisted: :laugh: You've fed the bait and the expected fish have bitten

Your personal battles are of no concern to me but on ALL forums there are always conflicting views (as there should be) and some become personal playground mudslinging sessions. I've been in a few in the past and in my view is if you cannot amicably agree to disagree then it's time to withdraw from any further argument. I personally tend to feel sorry for those who persist in attacking me. They have the problem. I don't

I've had run ins before on this forum and have nearly always resolved them with a face to face meeting over a sherbet or three but some people do not like face to face meetings, some do not like talking forum issues off the forum and some prefer to hide behind their keyboard.

To address the question 'is Internet Bashing a sickness' IMO the answer is no for the vast majority. A persistent antagonist and shit stirrer will eventually be ignored or dealt with in severe cases by the mods or admin except on really weak managed sites

Sarge mentioned other forums had closed down through boredom. Thought you didn't visit other forums Sarge. Yes they close through boredom but IMO due to the lack of interesting topics raised by it's members not by playground mudslinging banter.

PLEASE
fellow posters let's not let this interesting topic descend into a Plum or whoever bashing thread
RICHARD OF LOXLEY

It’s none of my business what people say and think of me. I am what I am and do what I do. I expect nothing and accept everything. It makes life so much easier.
sargeant
Deceased
Deceased

Post by sargeant »

Sarge mentioned other forums had closed down through boredom. Thought you didn't visit other forums Sarge
Couldn't resist the pathetic little dig to back up your mate could you

Sorry to disappoint you but i have never posted anything on any other forums or under different names. I just do not tell lies i am not duplicitous.

The forum i am talking about was the other Hua Hin forum and i checked because i was told it was closed down and it was (it was on the forum) . I did not read it because i did not need to it was all JOCKEY of conspiracy theory belligerent fame and pretty obvious why it went belly up.
dtaai-maai
Hero
Hero

Post by dtaai-maai »

richard wrote:Interesting thread and a good point to debate

Mr. Plum, your a devil :twisted: :laugh: You've fed the bait and the expected fish have bitten

Sarge mentioned other forums had closed down through boredom. Thought you didn't visit other forums Sarge.

PLEASE
fellow posters let's not let this interesting topic descend into a Plum or whoever bashing thread
I'm confused - no bashing anyone except Sarge?

And which is it - an interesting topic for debate or a deliberate wind-up?
You can't have it both ways.
This is the way
PeteC

Post by PeteC »

Every time this thread pops up I think it says "Is internet banking a sickness". I guess it can be. :laugh:
Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed. Source