Sexist Bicycle

This is the free for all area, live and unleashed, say what you like!
PeteC

Sexist Bicycle

Post by PeteC »

Why would or should this bicycle be considered sexist? No clues, figure it out. :D Pete :cheers:

Tandem.jpg
Tandem.jpg (167.04 KiB) Viewed 434 times
Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed. Source
MDMK
Ace
Ace

Re: Sexist Bicycle

Post by MDMK »

Is it because of the bar between the legs bit? Back in the day that was always high for men and low for women, and on the tandem its high at the front and low at the back. So man in front woman behind?

Would suit me though to let the man peddle while I faff around :-)
MDMK
Ace
Ace

Post by MDMK »

Oh dear. Why didnt I read the rest of the forum before replying. Now VS is gonna think I am accusing her of faffing while Mr VS does the work. Oooops.

VS... it says more about me than it does you :-)
Vital Spark
Legend
Legend

Post by Vital Spark »

Ha ha, Pete. The seat at the front is a bit bigger than the back one. On the other hand, I can get my leg over a bit more easily than Mr.VS (I'm a few years younger).

You're absolutely spot on MDMK. While Mr. VS powers away at the front I pretend to peddle from behind. :wink: The only time I put the power on the peddle is when we're accelerating away from a junction, and I think him up front is chancing it a bit. We did have quite an interesting ride one day when a large rotweiller decided to chase us. I glanced behind and he was getting pretty close to my ankles, so I put my feet on the crossbar and he ended up with a peddle smack. He didn't chase us again...

VS
"Properly trained, man can be a dog's best friend"