Improve Wi-Fi Speed

This is the free for all area, live and unleashed, say what you like!
HHTel
Hero
Hero

Re: Improve Wi-Fi Speed

Post by HHTel »

I'm sure you noticed the 'APRIL FOOLS' at the end!!
PeteC

Post by PeteC »

Actually not, and neither did anyone else in the house. I guess we clicked onward before that last bit. My embarrassment and shame! :oops: :oops: :oops: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

What he has succeeded in doing though is assuring I never look at another of his videos again. I hope that makes him happy as I'm probably not alone.

OP deleted but I'll leave the thread for now in case anyone has other ideas or suggestions about how to improve wi-fi speed. Pete :cheers:
Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed. Source
HHTel
Hero
Hero

Post by HHTel »

Don't beat yourself up. All I did was google it!
PeteC

Post by PeteC »

Yes, I'm laughing now but without a doubt that is the worst screw up I've had on here in 14 years. :laugh: ...and I'm now in a position of responsibility where that shouldn't happen. I think it's time for a few beers. Not as a reward, but as a medicinal sedative you know..... :mrgreen:
Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed. Source
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

I saw the op, but didn't watch it. I assumed it was something to do with what I'm getting on my phone, but thought I'd look when I had more time.

A couple of weeks ago, I had no option to buy a new phone. I don't need an all singing, all dancing, whistle blowing, bell ringing model, so bought a modest Samsung that will do everything I need it to do.

I don't know what it is, but I keep getting a pop-up on the screen offering to do wonders i.e double the speed of the phone, increase internet speed by 4x etc. The offer claims to be from Samsung, but I'm somebody who believes you get nothing for nothing in this world, and I ignore such stuff.

Has anybody else had this pop-up on their screen? If so, what is the catch?
Championship Plymouth Argyle 0 - 1 Preston NE :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Points 41; Position 18
Norseman
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by Norseman »

I saw the sugary thing, but never had a chance to test it before the end was near.
Funny though!
HHTel
Hero
Hero

Post by HHTel »

Speaking very simplistically, surely you can't improve on the speed delivered by your isp. It does often depend on what equipment you're using and can be improved by a better router, re-positioning your router, fine tuning the settings etc. But it doesn't seem logical that you can improve the speed greater than what your isp is delivering.

You can improve the effective distance by getting a wifi booster. I have one upstairs where the connection was weak. Cost around 700 baht and set up in a minute or so. Then just plug it into any electrical socket.
buksida

Post by buksida »

Bandwidth can be compared to a water supply, you can change the size of the pipe but not the volume of what is supplied.
Who is the happier man, he who has braved the storm of life and lived or he who has stayed securely on shore and merely existed? - Hunter S Thompson