Organized Religion

This is the free for all area, live and unleashed, say what you like!
RCer
Ace
Ace

Organized Religion

Post by RCer »

Following on the Prostitute discussion.

What, if any organized religion states in it's religious text, women do not serve or subservient to men?

Or are even above men?
MDMK
Ace
Ace

Re: Organized Religion

Post by MDMK »

Does it matter though if we don't identify as religious? I mean what does it matter to me that Mohammed said that Allah said that my hair should be covered, I'm not Muslim. Does it matter what Jesus thinks about gays or women or abortions or anything, if I am not Christian?
Nereus
Hero
Hero

Post by Nereus »

Or are even above men?
Nothing wrong with the woman being on top! In fact, some of them should always use that position. 8)
May you be in heaven half an hour before the devil know`s you`re dead!
RCer
Ace
Ace

Post by RCer »

MDMK wrote: Wed Oct 03, 2018 4:11 pm Does it matter though if we don't identify as religious? I mean what does it matter to me that Mohammed said that Allah said that my hair should be covered, I'm not Muslim. Does it matter what Jesus thinks about gays or women or abortions or anything, if I am not Christian?
I don't identify as any religion either.
MDMK
Ace
Ace

Post by MDMK »

If religions were written by men, for men, then it would stand to reason that men would have the upperhand according to that religion.
uncle tom
Ace
Ace

Post by uncle tom »

Name an organised religion that doesn't try to extract money from the poor in return for a promise of salvation..
I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I shall be sober and you will still be ugly...
dtaai-maai
Hero
Hero

Post by dtaai-maai »

Why is this thread in Night Crawlers? :shock: :? Am I missing something...?
This is the way
oakdale160
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by oakdale160 »

Religion is what prevents the poor from murdering the rich -- Napolean Bonaparte
m_right
Guru
Guru

Post by m_right »

oakdale160 wrote: Wed Oct 03, 2018 11:30 pm Religion is what prevents the poor from murdering the rich -- Napolean Bonaparte
Hey. That's my signature.

Almost.
"Religion is What Keeps the Poor from Murdering the Rich" -- Napoleon Bonaparte
RCer
Ace
Ace

Post by RCer »

dtaai-maai wrote: Wed Oct 03, 2018 7:37 pm Why is this thread in Night Crawlers? :shock: :? Am I missing something...?
Because without organized religion, there would be no need for prostitution.
MDMK
Ace
Ace

Post by MDMK »

RCer wrote: Thu Oct 04, 2018 6:39 pm Because without organized religion, there would be no need for prostitution.
you know I am going to have to ask :P .... how do you come to that conclusion ? Is it purely because all of the major religions promote (insist on) monogamy?
RCer
Ace
Ace

Post by RCer »

MDMK wrote: Thu Oct 04, 2018 6:43 pm
RCer wrote: Thu Oct 04, 2018 6:39 pm Because without organized religion, there would be no need for prostitution.
you know I am going to have to ask :P .... how do you come to that conclusion ? Is it purely because all of the major religions promote (insist on) monogamy?
No. It's because they all put women in a lower class than men, therefore creating the inability to earn a decent wage without selling something ALL men want and are willing to pay top dollar for (excluding places like Thailand).
MDMK
Ace
Ace

Post by MDMK »

RCer wrote: Thu Oct 04, 2018 6:50 pm No. It's because they all put women in a lower class than men, therefore creating the inability to earn a decent wage without selling something ALL men want and are willing to pay top dollar for (excluding places like Thailand).
It's definitely food for thought, although off the top of my head I am not sure if it holds water. In countries where wages can't be discriminated on based on gender has the number of prostitutes decreased in line with the decrease in the gender pay gap? No idea, but something to think on. :idea:
RCer
Ace
Ace

Post by RCer »

MDMK wrote: Thu Oct 04, 2018 6:57 pm
It's definitely food for thought, although off the top of my head I am not sure if it holds water. In countries where wages can't be discriminated on based on gender has the number of prostitutes decreased in line with the decrease in the gender pay gap? No idea, but something to think on. :idea:
Ever heard the phrase "after all the horses have left the barn, it's to late to close the door"?

The horses left thousands of years ago.