The owl

This is the free for all area, live and unleashed, say what you like!
crazy88
Deceased
Deceased

The owl

Post by crazy88 »

I have never been much of one for the staple diet of expatriate communities;gossip and rumour .Two visits to the VM this week however have had me listening to enough material to write 3 seasons of a new soap opera :shock: apparently I am in England at the moment was my favourite :? Puts me in mind of a smidgen of advice from my late father .

" The owl he sat upon the oak .The more he heard,the less he spoke .The less he spoke the more he heard .Now was that not a wise old bird ? "

Disney really are building a tunnel from HH to Pattaya however .

:cheers:

Crazy 88
Last edited by crazy88 on Thu Jul 10, 2008 10:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
DawnHRD
Legend
Legend

Post by DawnHRD »

VM? I'm lost... :oops:
"The question is not, can they reason? Nor, can they talk? But, can they suffer?" - Jeremy Bentham, philosopher, 1748-1832

Make a dog's life better, today!
Wanderlust
Legend
Legend

Post by Wanderlust »

I was as well Dawn, but then it dawned on me (no pun intended!) - Villa Market :thumb:
Vital Spark
Legend
Legend

Post by Vital Spark »

Dawn: Villa Market?

Thank goodness it wasn't called Villa Store (VS), otherwise I'd get such a bad reputation. :wink:

VS

Oh, Wanderlust - you just beat me to it...
"Properly trained, man can be a dog's best friend"
DawnHRD
Legend
Legend

Post by DawnHRD »

OK, thanks.

Now my mind's even more boggled. Crazy88 is hearing himself & all the local gossip discussed in a supermarket? I'd at least hoped for a bar... :P
"The question is not, can they reason? Nor, can they talk? But, can they suffer?" - Jeremy Bentham, philosopher, 1748-1832

Make a dog's life better, today!
Guess
Deceased
Deceased

Post by Guess »

Mods,

Sorry to keep nagging but this IMHO does not belong here. It belongs on the existing Villa Market thread at best or foo.

My justification.

While you have two posts going, on the same topic, they can both occupy the valuable top ten slots knocking more interesting topics off and sometimes into oblivion.

In the future I may need to look bake at Life in Thailand, Opinion & Relationships and will have yet another piece of foo to brush aside to get to what I am looking for.

In this particular case the topic title gives no clue whatsoever as to the content, in fact is is misleading.
[color=blue][size=134]Care in the community success story.[/size][/color]
lindosfan1
Deceased
Deceased

the owl

Post by lindosfan1 »

Crazt 88
Good post love the human observation.

Guess
This has nothing to do with VM it was an interesting comment on humans therefore should not be in the villa market thread.

:offtopic:
My favourite one was in a bar one night with a falang bosting to his mates that he had pulled.
But we are all guilty of making daft statements sometimes
Woke up this morning breathing that's a good start to the day.
Guess
Deceased
Deceased

Re: the owl

Post by Guess »

lindosfan1 wrote:................
Guess
This has nothing to do with VM it was an interesting comment on humans therefore should not be in the villa market thread........................
ERRR!!! Except that the second sentence of the OP states VM and the next four or five posts all mention it. Other than that is has nothing to do with Villa Market. BTW Linda are you the appointed spokesperson for BaaBaaBairtSipBairt now.

If you had read what I said instead of just glancing the first line you may have understood what I was asking. The point does not change because the subject is arguably not connect directly with VM. :neener: :tsk:

The request to move it foo has been done.

Thank you mods.
[color=blue][size=134]Care in the community success story.[/size][/color]
kat
Novice
Novice

owl

Post by kat »

Happy now Guess? wouldn't want you to take your ball home and not play nicely.
crazy88
Deceased
Deceased

Post by crazy88 »

Guess wrote

"In this particular case the topic title gives no clue whatsoever as to the content, in fact is is misleading"

By this I am GUESSING that not only did you miss the point but did not read the entire post .

I wrote

" The owl he sat upon the oak .The more he heard,the less he spoke .The less he spoke the more he heard .Now was that not a wise old bird ? "

As VM sells mainly foodstuffs and occupies a prime real estate lot perhaps the post should be moved to feeding time or property and real estate ?

:wink: :cheers:

Crazy 88