BUSH: "BLAME ME"

Local Hua Hin and regional Thailand news articles and discussion.
dr dave soul monsta
Deceased
Deceased

BUSH: "BLAME ME"

Post by dr dave soul monsta »

[mirror.co.uk]

BUSH: BLAME ME
Hurricane relief had 'serious problems'

PRESIDENT George Bush took "full responsibility" yesterday for failing to deal with Hurricane Katrina.

He admitted the disaster effort raised serious questions about his government's ability to respond to major incidents.

Bush said at the White House: "Katrina exposed serious problems in our response capability at all levels of government. To the extent the federal government didn't fully do its job right, I take responsibility."

He was asked if the US people should be worried about their government's ability to handle another terror attack given failures over its response to Katrina. Bush replied: "It's in the national interest that we find out what went on so we can better respond."

The US President spoke after R. David Paulison, the new acting director of the Federal Emergency Management Agency who replaced ousted official Michael Brown, pledged to find housing for survivors.

Bush also had his first look at the destruction in New Orleans when he rode through the city with Mayor Ray Nagin.

And receding flood waters uncovered 45 bodies floating in New Orleans' Memorial Medical Center. Staff said the patients died in the heat before the torrent poured in.

The Foreign Office last night confirmed the first British death caused by Katrina. The victim, who had lived in New Orleans for a number of years with their family, was not named. About 100 British citizens are still unaccounted for in the disaster zone.
"I don't often agree with the RSPCA as i believe it is an animals duty to be on my plate at supper time"
lomuamart

Post by lomuamart »

Soulmonsta,
I penned a long missive to your news comment, but fail to see what it's got to do with Thailand or HH - yet :cheers:
dr dave soul monsta
Deceased
Deceased

Post by dr dave soul monsta »

just so bleedin amazed he owned up to something being his fault ,
whats he on a guilt trip for all the death and misrey in the world he has made in the past ,not to mention all the cash he's pocketed whilst sending alied troops off to their deaths via the americans so called friendly fire !
"I don't often agree with the RSPCA as i believe it is an animals duty to be on my plate at supper time"
lomuamart

Post by lomuamart »

I suppose there could be some similarities drawn with Our Faithful Leader, in as much as neither is generally willing to be held electorially responsible for gross misconduct.
Anyway, good on yer "Daily Mirror". Never realised that the rag had a web site. Bouncing Bob would have turned in his grave. :thumb:
lomuamart

Post by lomuamart »

Thinking about it, I did read a news story today saying that Thailand had pledged financial relief for the disaster.
Maybe that's the link?
Anything to divert attention away from the shortcomings of one's own country, espcially coming from someone who initially turned down the offer of massive forign aid in the aftermath of the tsumani. "Thailand can take care of its own problems". Unbelievable.