Chinese tourists (and their habits) surge into Thailand

Local Hua Hin and regional Thailand news articles and discussion.
Nereus
Addict
Addict

Re: Chinese tourists (and their habits) surge into Thailand

Post by Nereus » Sun Sep 23, 2018 6:54 pm

handdrummer wrote:Your quote is at the top of the page. I don't see why you find my comment offensive enough to call me "stupid". Be that as it may if you don't like it, stick it.
It is obvious tat you cannot read or understand English. For a start I was referring to Chinese girls NOT Thai. Secondly, I have CLEARY written above the photo that the example is NOT what I am referring to. And finally, I have not written that YOU are stupid, but that your comment is. However if the cap fits, then wear it. :roll:
May you be in heaven half an hour before the devil know`s you`re dead!

buksida

Post by buksida » Fri Sep 28, 2018 11:25 am

More ass kissing for the Chinese ...

Tourism minister backs double-entry visa for Chinese tourists

Tourism and Sports Minister Weerasak Kowsurat has expressed support for the idea of granting double-entry visas for Chinese tourists to encourage them to return to the Kingdom.

Weerasak said on Thursday that he agreed with the proposal of the Tourism Council of Thailand Association of Thai Travel Agents (ATTA) to allow Chinese tourists to visit Thailand twice after being granted an entry visa. Weerasak said he would coordinate with the Foreign Ministry and other government agencies concerned to have the proposal approved and implemented. The number of Chinese tourists has sharply dropped after a boat full of Chinese tourists capsized in Phuket in early June.

Deputy Prime Minister Gen Prawit Wongsuwan then blamed it on the illegal Chinese operator of the tour boat service. His comment infuriated Chinese tourists who called for a boycott, prompting Prawit to issue a public apology.

http://www.nationmultimedia.com/detail/ ... s/30355385
Who is the happier man, he who has braved the storm of life and lived or he who has stayed securely on shore and merely existed? - Hunter S Thompson

buksida

Post by buksida » Wed Oct 03, 2018 2:21 pm

The ass kissing continues - I guess Thailand has given up on every other nationality.

China outreach aims to rescue tourism
Thai travel agencies are mobilising efforts to woo back Chinese travellers in the wake of July's deadly Phuket boat disaster and amid rising competition from neighbouring countries by promoting second-tier provinces and appealing to authorities to ease visa requirements.

Members of the Association of Thai Travel Agents (ATTA) last month conducted roadshows in Tianjing, Quingdao, Hefei and Nanjing to draw Chinese tourists to 55 secondary provinces in Thailand.

The roadshows in the four Chinese cities attracted as many as 400 Chinese travel agents to various events.

https://www.bangkokpost.com/business/to ... ue-tourism
Who is the happier man, he who has braved the storm of life and lived or he who has stayed securely on shore and merely existed? - Hunter S Thompson

oakdale160
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by oakdale160 » Wed Oct 03, 2018 11:23 pm

The Thai-Chinese who have always been powerful politically and economically will do very well with this new China relationship, including trade and tourism. . Beware, the neo-colonialism that is so apparent in Laos may spread. I am told that Thai-Chinese who have always tried to have their children bilingual, sending them to US/UK/Aus for some schooling are now sending their children to the prestigious Chinese Language Institute in Beijing.
And as for Chinese tourists, we in HH have no appreciation of the volume of Chinese tourists in Thai--I was staggered when I went to Chiang Mai at the numbers.

dtaai-maai
Addict
Addict

Post by dtaai-maai » Thu Oct 04, 2018 1:20 am

oakdale160 wrote:
Wed Oct 03, 2018 11:23 pm
I am told that Thai-Chinese who have always tried to have their children bilingual, sending them to US/UK/Aus for some schooling are now sending their children to the prestigious Chinese Language Institute in Beijing.
Frankly, if I were Thai I'd have been doing that about 10 years ago.
Cry ‘God for Harry, England, and St George!’

pharvey
Addict
Addict

Post by pharvey » Thu Oct 04, 2018 3:15 am

dtaai-maai wrote:
Thu Oct 04, 2018 1:20 am
oakdale160 wrote:
Wed Oct 03, 2018 11:23 pm
I am told that Thai-Chinese who have always tried to have their children bilingual, sending them to US/UK/Aus for some schooling are now sending their children to the prestigious Chinese Language Institute in Beijing.
Frankly, if I were Thai I'd have been doing that about 10 years ago.
Not too sure. The LHG is a qualified teacher (in Chinese obviously), but is very anti the way things work in China (as I am with teaching).
"You've got to get your first tackle in early, even if it's late". Ray Gravell :wink:

dtaai-maai
Addict
Addict

Post by dtaai-maai » Thu Oct 04, 2018 3:36 am

^^What I meant was simply that I'd have had my children learning Chinese.
Cry ‘God for Harry, England, and St George!’

buksida

Post by buksida » Fri Oct 19, 2018 8:01 am

Ministry backtracks on visa fee waiver plan

The government's plans to exempt tourists from visa-on-arrival fees to attract foreign travellers is unlikely to happen this year, according to Tourism and Sports Minister Weerasak Kowsurat.

He said at a meeting with the private sector on Thursday that Chinese tourists have already finished their travel planning for the high season this year and will resume their overseas trips during Chinese New Year, which falls in early February.

On Wednesday, Deputy Prime Minister Somkid Jatusripitak instructed the Tourism Authority of Thailand (TAT) to discuss plans with the Immigration Office to exempt tourists from 21 nations from visa-on-arrival fees in the remaining two months of this year.

The idea is to exempt Chinese visitors from the 2,000-baht visa fee in a bid to stem falling numbers after the July boat accident off Phuket that killed 47 Chinese tourists.

Attracting visitors with an exemption during this period might not help reclaim visitors from the mainland, Mr Weerasak said.

"We still have time to think about the visa issue, but maybe not for this year," he said.

Although Chinese arrivals were down nearly 15% in September, Mr Weerasak voiced satisfaction that tourism from the mainland remains in good health and that Thailand continues to be the top destination for Chinese visitors.

https://www.bangkokpost.com/business/to ... aiver-plan