Thai Big Brother Show

Local Hua Hin and regional Thailand news articles and discussion.
chelsea
Ace
Ace

Thai Big Brother Show

Post by chelsea »

I know that you all have a lot to say about the Thai PM, but saw this report on the TV News in Australia today, but have seen nothing posted on the board about it.

"THAI Prime Minister Thaksin Shinawatra hopes to boost sluggish public support for his government by appearing in his own round-the-clock reality TV show next month.

Thailand's biggest cable operator UBC will follow him and air live footage of him 24 hours a day from January 16 to 21 as he visits the northeastern province of Roi Et, the prime minister's office said today.
It would be the first time Mr Thaksin had appeared on a reality TV show, it said.

There are about five reality shows on Thai television but they are mostly popular among teenagers and young women.

The move came as the Government was struggling to boost public support with the latest poll showing public confidence in Mr Thaksin and his administration falling to the lowest level in eight months"

Can you imagine Tony Blair. George Bush or John Howard doing the same, it must be some sort of wind up
:twisted: :twisted:
Norseman
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by Norseman »

Yes chelsea. Add your post to this one and you'll see what they want.
A tighter grip of Thailands minds & hearts.

From the TNA.
The government should re-manage local media mechanism so that it could sustain its vital role as the "fourth fighting front", former deputy prime minister Gen. Chavalit Yongchaiyudh suggested here on Wednesday.

Gen. Chavalit said he considered there is a need for the government to establish a state media centre to publicize proper information and clarify issues concerning national image, security and others both internationally and locally.

A national media master plan should also be tailored, with continued reviews and revisions, to set appropriate operational framework for local media in all fields--radio, television and press--as well as improve their performance and strengthen their role sustainably, he advised.

"Media is considered the 'fourth fighting front' of the government; so strengthening their performance and role will help the state aggressively cope with national challenges, not only those in the restive deep South, but those in other parts of the country and even the world over," he noted.
I intend to live forever - so far so good.
ThaiStyle
Amateur
Amateur

Post by ThaiStyle »

boring big bro
dr dave soul monsta
Deceased
Deceased

Post by dr dave soul monsta »

ThaiStyle wrote:boring big bro
Noticed you have made five posts in as much time none folowing any of the threads, just making snide coments, if you wish to contribute on the forum DO so but elaberate us to your feelings with more than 3 words. A few sentences a couple of cmma's and full stops would be nice
"I don't often agree with the RSPCA as i believe it is an animals duty to be on my plate at supper time"
lomuamart

Post by lomuamart »

Frightening, isn't it?
Sell ShinCorp!!
Jaime
Legend
Legend

Re: Thai Big Brother Show

Post by Jaime »

chelsea wrote:Can you imagine Tony Blair. George Bush or John Howard doing the same
Probably not because in their countries Mr T's proposed stay in a tent for a few days would be seen for what it is - a cynical publicity stunt after which he will no doubt jump onto his next populist bandwagon.

Living outside Thailand I have no real axe to grind with Mr T but some of the stuff he says and does really make me cringe. :|

Thank God for the King!
Dougal
Amateur
Amateur

Post by Dougal »

dr dave soul monsta wrote:
ThaiStyle wrote:boring big bro
Noticed you have made five posts in as much time none folowing any of the threads, just making snide coments, if you wish to contribute on the forum DO so but elaberate us to your feelings with more than 3 words. A few sentences a couple of cmma's and full stops would be nice
I am just curious Dr Dave, but did you intend that to be funny or were you pissed when you wrote it?