Rampaging elephants trash Hua Hin police checkpoint

Local Hua Hin and regional Thailand news articles and discussion.
PeteC

Rampaging elephants trash Hua Hin police checkpoint

Post by PeteC »

Even the local changs have a problem with the MIB these days. :shock: :mrgreen: Pete :cheers:

http://www.nationmultimedia.com/news/br ... s/30319651

Wild elephants rampaged in Prachuap Khiri Khan’s Hua Hin District destroying the police checkpoint on Nong Plab – Pa La-u road. No one was injured.

Pol-Major Suwit Maneewong, the commander of the police aerial re-enforcement company, found that a wild elephant attack last night had collapsed the walls of the dormitory and canteen buildings.

Suwit said that four officers were stationed at the checkpoint at the time of elephant attack, but none were injured.

“We have set up the permanent road checkpoint at this area for almost 20 years, but no such incident ever happened before,” he said.

“There are many wild elephants live around here, but most of them are friendly and the police also provide them water from time to time.”

However, he noticed that the number of wild elephants in the area has been increasing and some of them were becoming aggressive. In early June one of the local people’s houses was attacked by the herd of wild elephants.

“We will step up the surveillance to inspect the elephants’ behaviour and provide safety for the people and our officers, as we have seen that the elephants are more aggressive,” he added.
Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed. Source
Bamboo Grove

Re: Rampaging elephants trash Hua Hin police checkpoint

Post by Bamboo Grove »

Hmm, just thinking. Isn't this also the way humans behave? When an area gets overcrowded, first their is competition for the resources, some will get less than others or nothing and this leave to aggressive behaviour, conflicts and wars.
Takiap
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by Takiap »

No, no, no, we don't need overcrowding or limited resources in order to start wars. we only need religion and/or politicians. :wink:

:cheers:
Don't try to impress me with your manner of dress cos a monkey himself is a monkey no less - cold fact
migrant
Addict
Addict

Post by migrant »

Bamboo Grove wrote: Sun Jul 02, 2017 8:16 am Hmm, just thinking. Isn't this also the way humans behave? When an area gets overcrowded, first their is competition for the resources, some will get less than others or nothing and this leave to aggressive behaviour, conflicts and wars.
Yes, watch the grasshopper. Generally solitary but at times swarms and turns destructive aka locusts. Humans are the same
The proper function of man is to live, not to exist. I shall not waste my days in trying to prolong them. I shall use my time.
RCer
Ace
Ace

Post by RCer »

Takiap wrote: Sun Jul 02, 2017 9:05 am No, no, no, we don't need overcrowding or limited resources in order to start wars. we only need religion and/or politicians. :wink:

:cheers:
Exactly
Spitfire
Addict
Addict

Post by Spitfire »

With natural space for such huge creatures declining and peoples' treatment of them when we do come into contact with them...maybe it's no surprise as elephants are thought to have long memories. Reminds me of that elephant that was recently robbing pickup trucks full of pineapples on a road in I think Khao Yai national park...haha, good on the elephants.

Or, maybe even the elephants have decided they don't like the police now. :twisted:
Resolve dissolves in alcohol
Nereus
Hero
Hero

Post by Nereus »

May you be in heaven half an hour before the devil know`s you`re dead!