Yingluck gets 10-year visa from UK

Local Hua Hin and regional Thailand news articles and discussion.
StevePIraq
Legend
Legend

Re: Yingluck gets 10-year visa from UK

Post by StevePIraq » Tue May 29, 2018 3:42 pm

Now that the Junta knows she has a visa for the UK, if she actually does, they can now formally start the process for extraditing her. Although I doubt that would get very far in the UK.
"Live everyday as if it were your last because someday you're going to be right." Muhammad Ali

STEVE G
Hero
Hero

Post by STEVE G » Tue May 29, 2018 3:56 pm

StevePIraq wrote:
Tue May 29, 2018 3:42 pm
Now that the Junta knows she has a visa for the UK, if she actually does, they can now formally start the process for extraditing her. Although I doubt that would get very far in the UK.
They wouldn't have much of a chance, it would get a political offence exception.

"Ingrained in most international extradition laws is the "political offence" exception. It allows the requested state to refuse extradition of those accused of political crimes or where that state believes the real motivation for the request is political rather than criminal.
The first British Extradition Act of 1870 declared that no-one could be surrendered if their offence was one of a political character."

fft100
Professional
Professional

Post by fft100 » Tue May 29, 2018 3:57 pm

StevePIraq wrote:
You mean using the same process and effort as for the red bull son ? Or will they put more effort into this one ?

StevePIraq
Legend
Legend

Post by StevePIraq » Tue May 29, 2018 4:58 pm

STEVE G wrote:
Tue May 29, 2018 3:56 pm
StevePIraq wrote:
They wouldn't have much of a chance, it would get a political offence exception.

"Ingrained in most international extradition laws is the "political offence" exception. It allows the requested state to refuse extradition of those accused of political crimes or where that state believes the real motivation for the request is political rather than criminal.
The first British Extradition Act of 1870 declared that no-one could be surrendered if their offence was one of a political character."
That's why I said it would not get very far.
"Live everyday as if it were your last because someday you're going to be right." Muhammad Ali

hhinner
Ace
Ace

Post by hhinner » Tue May 29, 2018 6:04 pm

I doubt they want her back anytime soon with an election so close. Maybe.