Australian man 'stabbed in chest' in Thailand club

Local Hua Hin and regional Thailand news articles and discussion.
europtimiste
Guru
Guru
Posts: 869
Joined: Thu May 08, 2014 12:19 pm

Re: Australian man 'stabbed in chest' in Thailand club

Post by europtimiste » Tue Jun 12, 2018 6:51 pm

Nereus wrote:
Sat Jun 09, 2018 4:18 pm
CCTV shows moment Aussie was stabbed after 'groping woman'

https://au.news.yahoo.com/cctv-shows-mo ... 50495.html



According to a 2017 report by Australia’s Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade (DFAT), Thailand is the most deadly overseas tourist destination for Australians.

In the 2016-17 financial year, the Consular State of Play report said there were 203 Australian deaths in Thailand, almost double the 126 deaths recorded in the Philippines, the second highest.

Not surprising with that kind of asshs.

User avatar
Vital Spark
Legend
Legend
Posts: 2093
Joined: Wed Feb 14, 2007 10:34 pm
Location: Ex.Nakhon Pathom

Re: Australian man 'stabbed in chest' in Thailand club

Post by Vital Spark » Tue Jun 12, 2018 6:55 pm

europtimiste wrote:
Tue Jun 12, 2018 6:38 pm
... he had no reason groping her. Even if harsh, he got the lesson he deserved ...
Speaking from a female perspective: a pinch on the bottom is not a grope, she is (I guess) a young lady that is used to being groped on a regular basis. She wouldn't have minded - it's part of the job. If he had stabbed her in the bum with a knife, then he would have deserved to be stabbed back in the bum (and eye for an eye, and all that...).

VS
"Properly trained, man can be a dog's best friend"

europtimiste
Guru
Guru
Posts: 869
Joined: Thu May 08, 2014 12:19 pm

Re: Australian man 'stabbed in chest' in Thailand club

Post by europtimiste » Tue Jun 12, 2018 7:24 pm

Vital Spark wrote:
Tue Jun 12, 2018 6:55 pm
europtimiste wrote:
Tue Jun 12, 2018 6:38 pm
... he had no reason groping her. Even if harsh, he got the lesson he deserved ...
Speaking from a female perspective: a pinch on the bottom is not a grope, she is (I guess) a young lady that is used to being groped on a regular basis. She wouldn't have minded - it's part of the job. If he had stabbed her in the bum with a knife, then he would have deserved to be stabbed back in the bum (and eye for an eye, and all that...).

VS
What a fckg. stupid comment, for you a bar girl should be groped and his customer should accept that another man grope her without any reaction.

User avatar
caller
Addict
Addict
Posts: 9235
Joined: Sat Jun 04, 2005 6:05 pm
Location: Bangkok

Re: Australian man 'stabbed in chest' in Thailand club

Post by caller » Wed Jun 13, 2018 12:14 am

europtimiste wrote:
Tue Jun 12, 2018 7:24 pm
What a fckg. stupid comment, for you a bar girl should be groped and his customer should accept that another man grope her without any reaction.
Wow, some really strange stuff coming out here. So it's all about (misplaced) possessive macho stuff, seriously?
Talk is cheap

handdrummer
Ace
Ace
Posts: 1398
Joined: Mon Mar 03, 2014 11:58 am

Re: Australian man 'stabbed in chest' in Thailand club

Post by handdrummer » Wed Jun 13, 2018 1:38 am

The best thing one can do with Europessimist comments is to ignore them. He rarely gets the point of anyone's comments and goes on a rant. Don't encourage him.

dundrillin
Guru
Guru
Posts: 687
Joined: Thu Dec 12, 2013 3:06 am
Location: huahin

Re: Australian man 'stabbed in chest' in Thailand club

Post by dundrillin » Wed Jun 13, 2018 3:54 am

caller wrote:
Wed Jun 13, 2018 12:14 am
europtimiste wrote:
Tue Jun 12, 2018 7:24 pm
What a fckg. stupid comment, for you a bar girl should be groped and his customer should accept that another man grope her without any reaction.
Wow, some really strange stuff coming out here. So it's all about (misplaced) possessive macho stuff, seriously?
I think Europtimiste has a valid point. I think if most men here would react strongly if their partners bum was pinched. I can't guess how VS would react if some woman pinched Mr VS's bum !

However a stabbing was a gross over reaction surely.

User avatar
redzonerocker
Rock Star
Rock Star
Posts: 4788
Joined: Mon Apr 02, 2007 3:55 pm
Location: England

Re: Australian man 'stabbed in chest' in Thailand club

Post by redzonerocker » Wed Jun 13, 2018 4:26 am

dundrillin wrote:
Wed Jun 13, 2018 3:54 am
I think Europtimiste has a valid point. I think if most men here would react strongly if their partners bum was pinched. I can't guess how VS would react if some woman pinched Mr VS's bum !

However a stabbing was a gross over reaction surely.
I agree, but europtomiste needs to brush up on his diplomacy skills when responding to posts.

It's acceptable to have a reaction and even to fight your corner if you felt it necessary . . . . . . . but stabbing somebody in this instance is well over the top, as you rightly said.
Remember, no one can make you feel inferior without your consent.

JayTee
Rookie
Rookie
Posts: 21
Joined: Tue Dec 07, 2010 7:11 pm

Re: Australian man 'stabbed in chest' in Thailand club

Post by JayTee » Wed Jun 13, 2018 2:23 pm

caller wrote:
Tue Jun 12, 2018 6:19 pm
Blimey! What World do you come from? Irrespecive of the 'facts' you are replying to are now known as incorrect.
Not sure what 'facts' are incorrect. If it's referring to the name of the molester, it's a moot point.
The fact that the molester tapped or touched her butt to get her attention is there, having had drinks with her or a misplaced sense of self-entitlement, notwithstanding. Let's not miss the forest from the trees, duh!

HHTel
Rock Star
Rock Star
Posts: 3875
Joined: Mon Feb 12, 2007 7:44 pm

Re: Australian man 'stabbed in chest' in Thailand club

Post by HHTel » Wed Jun 13, 2018 3:40 pm

If it's referring to the name of the molester, it's a moot point.
It's not a moot point, it's a fact. If you regard that as moot, then you have to take the rest of the report as moot.

handdrummer
Ace
Ace
Posts: 1398
Joined: Mon Mar 03, 2014 11:58 am

Re: Australian man 'stabbed in chest' in Thailand club

Post by handdrummer » Wed Jun 13, 2018 6:40 pm

If you say moot real fast about 10 times it becomes meaningless.

JayTee
Rookie
Rookie
Posts: 21
Joined: Tue Dec 07, 2010 7:11 pm

Re: Australian man 'stabbed in chest' in Thailand club

Post by JayTee » Wed Jun 13, 2018 6:56 pm

If it's referring to the name of the molester, it's a moot point.
It's not a moot point, it's a fact. If you regard that as moot, then you have to take the rest of the report as moot.
[/quote]
And here we have ah's unable to discern what the heading of this thread is all about - a name!
That even when the fact is about a guy touching some girl's butt and getting his just desserts.
If you can't see the elephant in the room, best to remove the beer glass and use a monocle, lol

HHTel
Rock Star
Rock Star
Posts: 3875
Joined: Mon Feb 12, 2007 7:44 pm

Re: Australian man 'stabbed in chest' in Thailand club

Post by HHTel » Wed Jun 13, 2018 10:05 pm

Look JayTee. You said the name of the 'molester' is debatable even when it's reported as a fact. I guess the guy knows his own name.
None of us were there and we have to accept what has been reported. I'm inclined to believe the 'molesters' story, backed up by the girl and given some truth by earlier footage. I agree that some things are debatable, but when black is black...... it's not debatable (moot). It's Wednesday today but I guess you'd say that's a 'moot point'!!

Actually it's Thursday in Australia so I guess you'd win that one!

User avatar
redzonerocker
Rock Star
Rock Star
Posts: 4788
Joined: Mon Apr 02, 2007 3:55 pm
Location: England

Re: Australian man 'stabbed in chest' in Thailand club

Post by redzonerocker » Thu Jun 14, 2018 12:40 am

JayTee wrote:
Wed Jun 13, 2018 6:56 pm

That even when the fact is about a guy touching some girl's butt and getting his just desserts.
So you think it's justified to stab somebody for touching a girl's ass? :shock: . . . . . . :roll:
Remember, no one can make you feel inferior without your consent.

handdrummer
Ace
Ace
Posts: 1398
Joined: Mon Mar 03, 2014 11:58 am

Re: Australian man 'stabbed in chest' in Thailand club

Post by handdrummer » Thu Jun 14, 2018 5:24 am

If the girl stabbed him it would be more defensible.

User avatar
redzonerocker
Rock Star
Rock Star
Posts: 4788
Joined: Mon Apr 02, 2007 3:55 pm
Location: England

Re: Australian man 'stabbed in chest' in Thailand club

Post by redzonerocker » Thu Jun 14, 2018 2:04 pm

handdrummer wrote:
Thu Jun 14, 2018 5:24 am
If the girl stabbed him it would be more defensible.
But still a bit extreme in the circumstances. :|
Remember, no one can make you feel inferior without your consent.

Locked

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 10 guests