First execution for 9 years in Thailand

Local Hua Hin and regional Thailand news articles and discussion.
europtimiste
Banned
Banned

Re: First execution for 9 years in Thailand

Post by europtimiste »

You seems to care more about the butcher than the victim.
Do you know that in US the family of the victim like to watch the execution of the killer.
What about in Thailand.
HHTel
Hero
Hero

Post by HHTel »

I was on the side of justice, not the 'butcher'! If mistakes can be made, and they have, then it has to be wrong. If you do your research, most of the families who have seen the perp executed (whether viewed or not) have reported that it adds to the horror and many, if not most, have become advocates of abolishing the death penalty.
europtimiste
Banned
Banned

Post by europtimiste »

HHTel wrote: Thu Jun 21, 2018 11:29 am I was on the side of justice, not the 'butcher'! If mistakes can be made, and they have, then it has to be wrong. If you do your research, most of the families who have seen the perp executed (whether viewed or not) have reported that it adds to the horror and many, if not most, have become advocates of abolishing the death penalty.
I was and still I am for death penalty and even abolished in Europe a lot of people regret it.
HHTel
Hero
Hero

Post by HHTel »

Seems it's impossible for you to have a reasoned debate. Give me an argument to back up your view instead of just shouting your mouth off. I have thought a lot about this and done quite a bit of research and although an 'eye for an eye' seems fair, the problem is that mistakes are made and that is irreversible.
The Kao Tao two live under the death penalty, convicted with very controversial and dubious evidence. Should they have the sentence carried out? Is it indisputable that they carried out rape and murder?
HHTel
Hero
Hero

Post by HHTel »

even abolished in Europe a lot of people regret it.
Just to add to that. The majority of people in Europe are against the death penalty. 'A lot of people regret it' is true but they are not in the majority.
handdrummer
Addict
Addict

Post by handdrummer »

I think that some of you have lived in 'Thailand too long and like many Thais, no longer value human life or maybe you never did, more's the pity.

europtimiste
Banned
Banned

Post by europtimiste »

HHTel wrote: Thu Jun 21, 2018 2:55 pm Seems it's impossible for you to have a reasoned debate. Give me an argument to back up your view instead of just shouting your mouth off. I have thought a lot about this and done quite a bit of research and although an 'eye for an eye' seems fair, the problem is that mistakes are made and that is irreversible.
The Kao Tao two live under the death penalty, convicted with very controversial and dubious evidence. Should they have the sentence carried out? Is it indisputable that they carried out rape and murder?
[/
I agree it's not an easy debate, not only with me, but universal. If sure about guilt, I say yes, even if considered an eye for an eye.
About Kao Tao case, it's pending and very sensitive.
I will remind you a more recent case happened in the train from Chumphon to Bangkok. A young man raped and killed a young girl and through her body out from the window. Her body was found nearby HH along railway.
He was sentenced to death. All evidences were against him. DNA etc...etc. Lethal injection is nothing, I would suggest cut him in pieces...alive.
404cameljockey
Ace
Ace

Post by 404cameljockey »

Someone who advocates torture (cutting into pieces) as a legal punishment for crime is not worthy of inclusion in any civilised discussion. I don't know why you people EVER bother trying to 'debate' with eurotrash.
HHTel
Hero
Hero

Post by HHTel »

:thumb: :agree:
oakdale160
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by oakdale160 »

There is an element about the death sentence not mentioned. The sentence is often not carried out, BUT the condemned are housed in MAX security, few priveledges, little yard time etc---very HARD time

ALSO-- in the west where plea bargaining is a big tactic--- prosecutors say, we are going for the death sentence BUT if you plead guilty to 2nd degree you will get 25 years and be in the general prisoner population.
europtimiste
Banned
Banned

Post by europtimiste »

404cameljockey wrote: Fri Jun 22, 2018 4:57 am Someone who advocates torture (cutting into pieces) as a legal punishment for crime is not worthy of inclusion in any civilised discussion. I don't know why you people EVER bother trying to 'debate' with eurotrash.
You should meed families of victims, then you will change your so called civilized point of view.
HHTel
Hero
Hero

Post by HHTel »

You should read the numerous interviews with families of the victims. Usually the opposite of what you pretend to know........ nah! Forget it. A waste of time.
bsdk1960
Ace
Ace

Post by bsdk1960 »

404cameljockey wrote: Fri Jun 22, 2018 4:57 am Someone who advocates torture (cutting into pieces) as a legal punishment for crime is not worthy of inclusion in any civilised discussion. I don't know why you people EVER bother trying to 'debate' with eurotrash.
:agree: :bow:

:cheers: :cheers:
HHTel
Hero
Hero

Post by HHTel »

It seems doubts and cracks are appearing already. Would you trust the justice system with the death penalty??
“A big, dark-skinned man stabbed the victim while a smaller man locked the victim from behind,” this man said in the comment.

He said he did not know the two attackers but knew Thirasak, who also witnessed the stabbing, and shouted at him to flee the spot.

“Thirasak wasn’t my friend. But we knew each other because we lived in the same tambon,” this man said.

He said he did not speak up earlier because he was never summoned as a witness and also he had never imagined that Thirasak would end up being executed.

“I can tell you that the knife used in the killing was much bigger than what police said they found in Thirasak’s possession,” he said.

The spokesman for the Lawyers Council of Thailand, Major Sombat Wongkamhaeng, said if this self-claimed witness came forward, it would be possible to start a new trial in this case. “If this witness really has never testified before, it’s possible to request the court of first instance to start the trial anew,” he said.

According to him, even though Thirasak was already executed his family would at the very least receive remedial action if it was proved in court that he was a scapegoat.
Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/detail/ ... l/30348418
hhinner
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by hhinner »

In thailand it's just so easy to believe this could happen. But this new witness didn't come forward because he thought the convicted wouldn't be executed? But it was ok for him to rot in jail for years?