After the cave rescue

Local Hua Hin and regional Thailand news articles and discussion.
Nereus
Addict
Addict

Re: After the cave rescue

Post by Nereus » Tue Sep 25, 2018 4:41 pm

'Cave boys set to fly to Argentina, US

https://www.bangkokpost.com/news/genera ... gentina-us

The 12 Wild Boars and their football coach rescued in the July cave drama will travel next week to Argentina for the Youth Olympic Games and then on to the United States for talk show appearances.

The group were invited to attend the games in Buenos Aires by Thomas Bach, president of the International Olympic Committee. They will leave their Chiang Rai homes on Oct 3 for the games, being held from Oct 6 to 18, and return home on Oct 20.

All expenses during the trip to games will be taken care of by the IOC.

The IOC will also schedule a special soccer match between the Wild Boars and Olympic youth athletes, "to form bonds of friendship", Mr Bach's office said.

While in the United States, they are scheduled to appear on the NBC network's Today Show and Late Night in New York. It is not known if they have an exlusive deal with NBC.

Some related Thai officials are expected to travel with the boys including former Chiang Rai governor Narongsak Osottanakorn, a prominent spokesman during the rescue effort.

The team entered the Tham Luang Nang Non cave in Chiang Rai province on June 23 and were subsequently trapped by rising flood waters.

It took three days to carry out the full rescues of all 13 team members.
May you be in heaven half an hour before the devil know`s you`re dead!

MDMK
Guru
Guru

Post by MDMK » Tue Sep 25, 2018 5:21 pm

JWWhite wrote:
Tue Sep 25, 2018 4:35 pm
Breaking News: British cave divers also rescued four trapped Thai rescuers in Tham Luang Cave
I mean this with the utmost respect, just when I think I can't elevate their hero-status any more in my own head, this story comes out. Utterly brilliant. In many ways even more brilliant than rescuing the football boys. This wasn't thought out, wasn't planned, wasn't catered for with equipment etc. Talk about having to go with flow on the job, think on your feet, making life or death decisions. Absolutely amazing!

MDMK
Guru
Guru

Post by MDMK » Wed Sep 26, 2018 9:44 pm

Nereus wrote:
Tue Sep 25, 2018 4:41 pm
While in the United States, they are scheduled to appear on the NBC network's Today Show and Late Night in New York. It is not known if they have an exlusive deal with NBC.
If, when these kids are in the states, anyone has link to the shows they'll be appearing on, I would really appreciate it if they would post the links.

HHTel
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by HHTel » Tue Oct 16, 2018 6:56 pm

Here's a link to them appearing on the Ellen show:

MDMK
Guru
Guru

Post by MDMK » Tue Oct 16, 2018 8:51 pm

HHTel wrote: