Unidentified man crushed by express train in Hua Hin

Local Hua Hin and regional Thailand news articles and discussion.
PeteC

Post by PeteC »

Published: 7/08/2018 at 09:20 AM
Online news: https://www.bangkokpost.com/news/genera ... recent_box

PRACHUAP KHIRI KHAN: An unidentified man was crushed to death in Hua Hin district early Tuesday by an express train bound for Nakhon Si Thammarat, police said.

Pol Lt Col Chaiwat Sueb-yiaw, the police investigator in charge said the incident took place about 2km south of the Hua Hin station.

The train involved in the fatal incident was the express train No.85 from Bangkok to the South, he said.

The train driver stopped the train and waited for police at the scene. Pol Lt Col Chaiwat said the victim's remains were found near the 10th carriage of the train.

He appeared to be a male in his thirties and around 160cm tall.

The dead man was wearing only black shorts, and had no documents on his person, said Pol Lt Col Chaiwat.

Mr Sophon told police he was driving the train shortly after leaving the Hua Hin station when he spotted a person lying across the tracks.

He immediately blew the train horn and applied the brakes but the train passed over the man before he could bring it to a complete halt.

Police are trying to identify the victim in order to notify his relatives. His body was sent to a nearby hospital for autopsy.
Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed. Source
PBbeacher
Professional
Professional

Re: Unidentified man crushed by express train in Hua Hin

Post by PBbeacher »

I was told that it is written in a local FB group that it was a well-mannered boy in his late teens who was beaten virtually to death by an individual or group who then dumped him on the tracks as a means of disposing of the body. It's people from the road by the train tracks connecting soi 102 and Khao Takiab telling this story about people local to that area.

RIP
PeteC

Post by PeteC »

Even after seeing and experiencing so much in my life, that sends chills up my spine. I hope it's just idle speculation, but it may not be. :cry: Pete
Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed. Source
oakdale160
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by oakdale160 »

If the story is true its all part of that paradox--Thai people generally avoid any sort f confrontation, argument or unpleasantness but when they snap its worse than anything you can imagine.