Rattan Furniture Factory - Cha Am

Cha-Am, Tha-Yang, Kaeng Krachan, and Petchaburi. Discussion on areas north of Hua Hin.
JimmyGreaves
Legend
Legend

Rattan Furniture Factory - Cha Am

Post by JimmyGreaves »

Heard that there is a Rattan/Cane furniture factory in or near cha am.

Anyone know where this is and the quality/value for money of the furniture?

Cheers
Diplomacy is the ability to tell a man to go to hell so that he looks forward to making the trip
hhfarang
Hero
Hero

Post by hhfarang »

It's on the right hand side of the highway just after you go over the big overpass leaving Cha-Am town headed north (before you get to the bypass connection.

I don't remember the name but if the weather is good they usually have a couple of pieces sitting on display out front.

The quality is the best I've seen here. The prices seemed a little high to me when we went to look but considering the quality it's probably fair.
My brain is like an Internet browser; 12 tabs are open and 5 of them are not responding, there's a GIF playing in an endless loop,... and where is that annoying music coming from?
thaiorchid
Banned
Banned

Post by thaiorchid »

Just before you hit the flyover to BKK, keep left, u-turn under the flyover and go back about 1 km. Shoppinghouse all in orange.
Thai-chinese couple doing real nice furnitures. They even make furnitures to order. In my opinion fairly priced, but with a smile you will get away with a little bargaining. SHE is the boss! (even there)
Delievery service. Pay half by order and the rest by delievery. We have done it several times. Never any problems!
thaiorchid
Khundon1975
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by Khundon1975 »

I have purchased some of their whicker/rattan furniture there after spending a couple of hours sitting and watching them make various items in 2002.

Very good value IMHO and they are happy to make virtually anything you want, for a price.

My tip is, don't have a bed made from it, as the damn things squeak and creak with the slightest move of the occupants. :cry: Sounds like a horse eating cornflakes and will keep you awake all night. :wink:
I've lost my mind and I am making no effort to find it.
norm
Professional
Professional

Post by norm »

Khundon1975 wrote:I have purchased some of their whicker/rattan furniture there after spending a couple of hours sitting and watching them make various items in 2002.

Very good value IMHO and they are happy to make virtually anything you want, for a price.

My tip is, don't have a bed made from it, as the damn things squeak and creak with the slightest move of the occupants. :cry: Sounds like a horse eating cornflakes and will keep you awake all night. :wink:
:lach: :lach: :lach: