Drugging and robbery in Cha-am

Cha-Am, Tha-Yang, Kaeng Krachan, and Petchaburi. Discussion on areas north of Hua Hin.
jimmy40
Professional
Professional

Drugging and robbery in Cha-am

Post by jimmy40 »

Hi all, hope this is the right place for this topic! Last night i was out with 2 freinds, we had 5 beers at the local, then went to cha am, bus stop first 2 drinks then down to that soi with the pole dancers etc. Had about 3 double gins, 1 mate says i got to go home,other says im going for some food, i stay and finish my drink, now im a pretty big bloke and drink every day at least 8/9 sam migs and 1/2 bottle of gin say. I drank about half that, all up went to get up and i couldn't i rang the girlfriend who i couldn't talk to as i was just out of it, apparently she sent a tuk tuk for me, i got home and as soon as i got through the door i fell asleep at the front door, i must have been drugged, then about 5 minutes latter 2 doors up in my complex was trying to be broke into,When the lady turned on the lights they ran, they had black balaclavas on and had a gun, i can't help but think this is related, and they missed my house by accident. Be very wary people times are tough for these people and they are getting desperate i think. Same thing happened to a mate from the uk last year[druged and robbed] we are certenly not green, so i think this could happen to anyone be carefull
E-Dork
Suspended
Suspended

Re: BE CAREFULL

Post by E-Dork »

Thanks for the warning..

Unfortunately, if you go to the bar area to enjoy the evening you are straight away putting yourself in harms way before you have even ordered a beer. You can do everything right, mind your own business, be polite, not flashing cash etc ect but still there is always that element of danger due to scammers, thieves, drunk pricks....

I used to frequent the area quite a lot as I enjoyed my pool nights but after witnessing a few unprovoked attacks in quick succession (one on my friend who accidently bumped into a young british lad and was subsequently given a broken nose.) I decided to call it a day. Can't be doing with that at my age.

A shame a minority have to spoil it for the rest of us.
If it's within arms reach, there's nothing to worry about!!
PeteC

Re: Drugging and robbery in Cha-am

Post by PeteC »

That happened to me only once and at a bar in Bangkok years ago. I wandered into what turned out to be a Thai only place and although the girls were fun and accommodating , I guess some Thai male customers took exception to me. Had a few beers with no incident, then foolishly left an open beer on the bar while going to the WC. A few sips of that and in 5 minutes it was very clear something was wrong. Paid up with a big frown and the cashier and girls knew why I was frowning from the sad and apprehensive look on their faces. It was a good 500 yard walk back to the hotel and I must have been a sight as I was indeed staggering and trying with everything I had to stay conscious. Made it.......and woke up on the bed 12 hours later with a headache that would bring down aircraft. Lesson learned besides be cautious when going into a strange club, don't leave an open drink unattended, and watch closely when you order. Pete :cheers:
Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed. Source
jimmy40
Professional
Professional

Post by jimmy40 »

You know boys, i watch my drinks like a hawk. Just this one time of me being un dilegent got me. I have just spoke to some freinds who said they load you up on special k [ketamine] and it takes 30 mins to an hour to work. They also said it probebly took place then at the first bar, as i go there at least once a week and spend a bit and buy lady drinks etc, i also have taken the odd girl home from there aswel. And tipped pretty good, so they must figure i have some coin. The only thing that i can't work out is why they missed my house by 2 doors up?Maybe it was becouse i couldn't drive my bmw home so wasn't sure of the house, just went for the one with the lights out,figuring i had to be asleep? Thai confusion? Bit concerned they may be back. I am sad to say it seems things here are really changing. :cry:
E-Dork
Suspended
Suspended

Post by E-Dork »

I have just spoke to some freinds who said they load you up on special k [ketamine] and it takes 30 mins to an hour to work
In liquid form, ketamine would almost certainly make your drink taste damn funny. 20ml is the equivalent of 1 gram when cooked up. Say they put 5ml in.. that's like snorting a quarter gram line to someone who has never done it before which would result not in you falling asleep, but rather, you would be concious, but not ( if you know what I mean). The term is a 'K' Hole. The Victim of a 'K' Hole will be staring into space unable to comprehend anything. The 'K' Hole will vanish after about 20-30 minutes after which you will be feeling dizzy and the feelings of being a bit pissed.

I supsect it was probably a 'roofy' that you were given..... ketamine don't put you to sleep (even though it is a horse tranquilizer.)
If it's within arms reach, there's nothing to worry about!!
lomuamart

Post by lomuamart »

Years ago, I was drinking in Soi Zero (Bangkok) with my old girlfriend.
One of the girls simply said that she was going to sleep with me and my ex should piss off.
We just made it out of that bar, ordered a taxi, I poured my ex into it and we made it back to the hotel. Our heads hurt the next day and I swear that my ex had only had a couple of drinks and so had I.
That was the closest I've been.
Scary.
Spitfire
Addict
Addict

Post by Spitfire »

The only time I think it has happened to me was about 7 years ago when I was a single guy and in Nana Plaza BBK top floor bar on the left, yes I know :oops:. Had had 2 beers and ordered a vodka and redbull, tasted strange to be honest but it's a drink most people generally just 'down' quickly, these are the drinks to watch for sure, ones you just down fast.

About 20 minutes later felt strange, went outside and puked uncontrollably in a bin, after that went to the hotel feeling bizarre but felt OK the next day.

Maybe they got the dose wrong as I'm a good 115 kilos.

May they all get their karma back the C****.
Resolve dissolves in alcohol
Takiap
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by Takiap »

Well you see, this is what makes SEA so exciting......lol. I've always been responsible for my own sorry state, and while I may have regretted it the next day, it was good at the time. Perhaps I'm blessed coming from one of the world's most dangerous countries in the world (South Africa). The ironic thing is, it's Aberdeen in Scotland that I must give credit to for my new found wisdom, and wow, what an awesome experience those ten years were..... :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

For sure......my second home :thumb:
Don't try to impress me with your manner of dress cos a monkey himself is a monkey no less - cold fact
richard
Deceased
Deceased

Post by richard »

Had a few close shaves in BK but saw them coming. In HH no problem except for the wife :laugh: I seem to be protected

I have many friends both farang and Thai and if I don't surface in 24 hours they come calling and looking. If I'm out on the town I seem to be tracked and help is always at hand. I do use regular bars and restaurants' I do have regular motorbike taxis and tuk tuks that have served me well for 10 years. I do have good security and reception staff at my condo who monitor who visits.

Some may complain at the over protectiveness but no matter whether you are young or old you are a potential target. I've walked the streets of LA, London, Chicago, New York, Johannesburg, Madrid and Amsterdam but I have never felt threatened in Thailand (BK, HH and KK)

Stay streetwise and watch the people around you hiding in the shadows
RICHARD OF LOXLEY

It’s none of my business what people say and think of me. I am what I am and do what I do. I expect nothing and accept everything. It makes life so much easier.
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

richard, I thought you were a victim once, a couple of years ago - being clobbered soon after being delivered home. Or am I getting confused in my old age?
Championship Plymouth Argyle 1 - 0 Leicester City :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance:

Points 48; Position 18
richard
Deceased
Deceased

Post by richard »

Yes was BB

But was rescued by soi dogs barking and friends turning up sharpish.

Gunning for the guy next door but got me by mistake. Still got the scars. I was too complacent and assumed I was home and dry. So easy to feel you are safe and sound. Dropped my defenses and suffered the consequences.

So fellow forum members please note. Never, never let your guard down :( and always watch the shadows
RICHARD OF LOXLEY

It’s none of my business what people say and think of me. I am what I am and do what I do. I expect nothing and accept everything. It makes life so much easier.
jimmy40
Professional
Professional

Post by jimmy40 »

E dork, you know i was staring into nothing, my girl is the one that saved me. After i said i would be 2 hours then 3 hours past she decided to track me down, as i couldn't answer the phone. I think who ever thought i would have passed out, and i wake up with a light wallet and no watch. I am being super carefull now, i do have my own tuk tuk driver, and i will just go to where i know 100% is ok. I alarmed the house yesterday aswel. Times are tough here, and things are going to get tougher. No harm really done this time[except probebly some liver damage] so i think myself lucky. But i am reading more and more about robbery and theft. I explained to a freind yesterday, i dont where flashy clothes, i drive a 1990 bmw or a step through, what makes me look so attractive to a potential robber? He said you still have way more than the Thai's, even with your lifestyle, apart from that your a white farang, you have countless money. And after speaking to my girl her words were thailand not same same now, lady want money now, not just look after. It's not all thais though, as i know some that are very nice people, its just the bad apples giving the place a bad name. imho
Onlychaam
Suspended
Suspended

Post by Onlychaam »

I'd be curious to know in what bar(s) you think it may have happened. Surely something like this would have to involve many staff from the bar, wouldn't it? Or could it be just a personal initiative from just one girl?
jimmy40
Professional
Professional

Post by jimmy40 »

I am not sure i am allowed to say bar names here, but a travell would be a hint, and next door to a chicken farm is the 2 i was at. I have given this a great deal of thought, and think it was the first one, as i have taken 2 ladies out of there and they seen i have a ton of stuff at home etc, big tv stainless fridge, you know the whole kit. But they made a fatel error as i was so drugged i couldn't drive, so no bmw in drive way saved me. went to where there was a similer car and a couple of bikes, very lucky i think
sargeant
Deceased
Deceased

Post by sargeant »

Be very very aware of a lady whose first name rhymes with you-bin and second name rhymes with hit-man
you-bin---hit-man
speaks perfect english cooks well drinks like a fish is an abject professional liar and a totally 3,000% addicted gambler
i should know i threw her out on her arse in october last year

rumour has it she already has her teeth into a farang in Cha-Am
A Greatfull Guest of Thailand