The purple tortoise

Cha-Am, Tha-Yang, Kaeng Krachan, and Petchaburi. Discussion on areas north of Hua Hin.
Bamboo Grove

Post by Bamboo Grove »

Pardon me, mea culpa, mea maximum culpa. It's on the right towards the beach. Maybe I was confused that when we left the place it was on the left and I almost left my darts there, too. :oops:
JW
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by JW »

From what i heard, Mr Bamboo Grove, you were Verrrrryyyyyyyyyyyyyy pisd that night. Apparently you knocked a beer over in JWs, never eveeeeeeeeerrrrrrrrr seen you do that before! So you had a great night i reckon!
Looking forward to a trip myself soon.
Surf FM

Post by Surf FM »

Played pool at PL's last night, good bunch of lads, nice bar, reasonable prices as well, espcially the Newkie Brown Ale at 95 Baht a bottle. Nice to have a decent bar to go to in Cha-Am. :cheers:
Onlyme
Professional
Professional

Post by Onlyme »

Would I be right in thinking that PF is un-beaten at pool?
I'm trying to find the leauge tables. :wink:
Onlyme.
PS. Don't mention darts. :cuss:
¼Ã
Guess
Deceased
Deceased

Post by Guess »

Only two unbeaten teams in Division 4 and you are top on goal difference.

Early days yet.
[color=blue][size=134]Care in the community success story.[/size][/color]
Guess
Deceased
Deceased

Post by Guess »

darwinian wrote:It is on the right not the left.
Yes and no.
Onlyme
Professional
Professional

Post by Onlyme »

Come on Guess. Would that be: Everton (shiites), Birmingers or the good "ole, Dolly Blues?"
You tell me the name of the Dolly Blues ( without google) and I'll buy you a beer next time you visit the PF. :shock:
¼Ã
Bamboo Grove

Post by Bamboo Grove »

you are top on goal difference.
Goal difference??? In pool.
Guess
Deceased
Deceased

Post by Guess »

Bamboo Grove wrote:
you are top on goal difference.
Goal difference??? In pool.
Sorry BG but I will now switch to pedant mode. The word goal, you will find in most dictionaries to have about five different descriptions. All in the case of the word goal are related and have the same origin which is actually English post Norman Conquest but not derived from French or any Latin, Celtic, Viking or Germanic Language as are the vast majority of English words in current usage.

One of the meanings of the word goal, probably the original meaning is achievement. E.G.

I am trying to learn to read in write in Thai.

Have you achieved that goal yet?

No.

In regards to pool competitions the desired achivement is to score points. I have referred to the difference between the number of points scored and the number of points conceded as the goal difference. The alternative would be racks score plus bonus points difference which uses about 40 characters . The simple term goal difference uses only 15 characters.

I expect that owing to the number of time I will have to write this term that the life of my keyboard will be extended by about two days over the next three years. I also expect it to save about 45 minutes of my life over the next one year.

And please, if you get the inclination to through beer over anybody again I can give you list of people much more derserving of the baptism of beer than JW.

BTW. Somebody dropped of a couple of darts scoresheets at Lucky Shot the other day and ended up in my hands.
Guess
Deceased
Deceased

Post by Guess »

Mam Jap TT&T,

The blue question. Everton, Birmingham YUUUKKKKKK. I was unfortunate to have been brought up in either of those cities I would have supported Liverpool or Aston Villa.

I just wrote a lengthy (unusual for me I know) response the the Blue question and just before sending it the gremlins at TT&T decided to balls up my connection.

Anyway here goes again. The clues are. The Blues refer to two soccer teams, one Eurpoean National, and one Eurpoean club top flight. I also support two other European clubs in the top flight of their own countries based on family backgound. Both play in Black and White. All of them have been champions in their own right on many occasions. To add another clue, a player from the blue club has just joined to one of the black and white clubs. Guess all four and I will buy you a beer back.

As for the Dollies. When I was a young kid my dad used to take the family up into the north of England every summer. It often invovled visiting his secret squirell mates. One of these was an old guy in a place called Halton near the Forest of Bowland. He use to talk about going to see the Dollies play. My guess is that could be the same as Dolly Blues in which case it must be in that area somewhere.

Am I getting warm and have I earnt the drink?
Guess
Deceased
Deceased

Post by Guess »

Jockey wrote:
Are the big birds female bouncers or do the birds have big bouncers? Pink building .... it's no a gay bar is it? :wink:
The bouncers are big bird with big bouncers. As for
Jockey wrote:it's no a gay bar is it?
That sounds like wishful thinking to me Jockey.

BTW was that you I saw last night wearing a Pretty pink number with sequins and a tiarra on the heed riding in the back of a Samlor. Very fetching. You should do that more often. What I need to know is what pressure do you need to use to inflate the bouncers to that size and where can I buy the stilleto heals.
Last edited by Guess on Sat Jul 29, 2006 7:12 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Bamboo Grove

Post by Bamboo Grove »

BTW. Somebody dropped of a couple of darts scoresheets at Lucky Shot the other day and ended up in my hands.
Drop the scoresheets at Johnnie Walkers as for the person who ended up in your hands, I hope he/she is ok. :wink:

Thanks for the definition. My goal is now to stop waisting the precious drinks by pouring it to the tables or floor. I try to aim all of it into my own goal. :cheers:
Jockey
Banned
Banned

Post by Jockey »

Guess wrote: What I need to know is what pressure do you need to use to inflate the bouncers to that size and where can I buy the stilleto heals.
2 part question A) You must be under a great deal of strain...

B) http://www.ultimate-shoes.com/courts.htm
Onlyme
Professional
Professional

Post by Onlyme »

Guess, next time you are in the PF, I will definatelely buy you a drink.
Halton wasn't the place I was looking for but, it's near enough.
WOW. I'm very impressed. :shock:
¼Ã
Guess
Deceased
Deceased

Post by Guess »

Well it has to be Morecombe or Heysham or Lancaster then cos he sid it was local.