How to get to Cha am?

Cha-Am, Tha-Yang, Kaeng Krachan, and Petchaburi. Discussion on areas north of Hua Hin.
salesguy
Rookie
Rookie

How to get to Cha am?

Post by salesguy »

What are the various ways from HH to CA? What is the distance and cost of hiring a ride (bus, taxi, etc)? Thank you.
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

We've used the train a few times - cost was about 10 Baht each way. It was fine Hua Hin to Cha-Am, but the return journey was always a bit hit and miss, with the train running extremely late.
Championship Plymouth Argyle 1 - 0 Leicester City :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance:

Points 48; Position 18
crazy88
Deceased
Deceased

Post by crazy88 »

I have only taken a taxi once from Cha Am to Hua Hin . 400 thb aircon minibus from Crawfords Cha Am to 6km beyond the town centre of Hua Hin .Not long before christmas last year .Bus full of people,all full of beer .

Thought the price was reasonable to say the least .

Crazy88
T.I.G.R.
Guru
Guru

Cha Am to HH

Post by T.I.G.R. »

Whoa.......for 180 Bht you can go all the way from HH to Bangkok on the mini bus.

Seems like crazy88 was in a very good mood that night.

Much depends on where you're going to and from. If you can be more definitive I'll ask here in Cha Am.....we pass several taxi services on our way in and out to the market.
Wanderlust
Legend
Legend

Post by Wanderlust »

T.I.G.R. - I thought the same at first but reading it again i think it was 400 baht for the minibus for everyone together, so if full about 10 plus people, i.e. 40 baht (or less) per person.
margaretcarnes
Rock Star
Rock Star

How to get to ChaAm

Post by margaretcarnes »

Ask any of the HH darts team. Joyce or Osmo, or JW might know current taxi rates. There used to be a regular trip from HH to ChaAm Monday nights to play darts at Rogeirs bar on Beach Rd, and probably still is.
Train is fine from HH to Ch as noted, but no good for the return, and the railway station in Ch is well away from the beach/bar area (though handy for markets.)
Bus is also good for getting there for a few baht. Again no good for getting back to HH at night. From HH you get the rickety old bus from Petkhasem, but coming back is very pot luck, as late at night there are only the air con long haul buses going through from Bangkok.
Bamboo Grove

Post by Bamboo Grove »

Taxi costs 300-400 baht for a return trip.