Resort Smile

Resorts, rooms, hotels, and guesthouses, find somewhere to stay.
migrant
Addict
Addict

Resort Smile

Post by migrant »

My wife's friend got us a extremely cheap deal for a two bedroom place at http://www.resortsmile.com/

At least the price is right, but has anyone had any experience with staying there? :cheers:
The proper function of man is to live, not to exist. I shall not waste my days in trying to prolong them. I shall use my time.
Big Boy

Re: Resort Smile

Post by Big Boy »

Where is it? Looks like Pak Nam Pran area to me. If it's where I'm thinking it is (near the Mangrove Forest?), it is very remote and transport will be a necessity.
Championship Plymouth Argyle 1 - 0 Leicester City :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance:

Points 48; Position 18
Gérard
Professional
Professional

Post by Gérard »

the Thai site says :

สถานที่ตั้งอยู่ระหว่างตัวอำเภอชะอำและอำเภอหัวหิน หลัก กม.ที่ 216+300
it is located between Cha-Am and Huahin, km 216+300

It seems to be aimed at Thai nationals (especially Thai police who gets discount).
May be an interesting place, from the pictures on the site
migrant
Addict
Addict

Post by migrant »

Gérard wrote:the Thai site says :

สถานที่ตั้งอยู่ระหว่างตัวอำเภอชะอำและอำเภอหัวหิน หลัก กม.ที่ 216+300
it is located between Cha-Am and Huahin, km 216+300

It seems to be aimed at Thai nationals (especially Thai police who gets discount).
May be an interesting place, from the pictures on the site
Yes that is correct :thumb: The missus friend is married to a police so she got us a very good discount from an already decent price :cheers:
The proper function of man is to live, not to exist. I shall not waste my days in trying to prolong them. I shall use my time.
Dannie Boy
Hero
Hero

Post by Dannie Boy »

I believe it's next door to the Sheraton, at least it looks very similar to the place that's there. I stayed at the Sheraton a few years back and ate at this place as it was much cheaper and from what I recollect the food was good.
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

OK, I stand corrected on the location, but the website leaves people guessing.

One other point about the website is their testimonials. Everybody, regardless of their origin, is writing their testimonials in Latin :? . Or is that just a website quirk when you click the USA flag?

Certainly, I agree their website is aimed at Thais.
Championship Plymouth Argyle 1 - 0 Leicester City :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance:

Points 48; Position 18
Gérard
Professional
Professional

Post by Gérard »

I was surprised to see the testimonials in latin too... I suppose the Thai manager of the site made a wrong choice in Google translate or similar...

The Sheraton is not far.
Roel
Guru
Guru

Post by Roel »

Seems to me that the website is a demo under construction. The testimonials page is a template and only shows how it will look like once people add their reviews. The Latin is not really Latin. It is meaningless text used by website designers in spaces where real text is to be added later.
We are all living in 'the good old days' of the future.
migrant
Addict
Addict

Post by migrant »

It looks like the site was set up for any resort to add their info, a type of canned website. I think the owners/managers didn't fill it all in correctly :cheers: