retirement residence?

Resorts, rooms, hotels, and guesthouses, find somewhere to stay.
thomas811
Novice
Novice

retirement residence?

Post by thomas811 »

Hello
My father is planning to retire in Thailand. I've been looking for an appropriate place for him to stay. As he has been diagnosed with a dementia this place needs to provide certain services and support for him. I came accross "Prosana" in Hua Hin. This institution offers houses for rent and support as far as required. Has anyone got any experience with this institution?

thank you and kind regards, Thomas
JW
Rock Star
Rock Star

Re: retirement residence?

Post by JW »

My father has the same illness, not sure how progressed your father is but I found the prices pretty expensive for places like Prosnana, beyond our means anyway!
My father has a townhouse and a live in helper who cooks, cleans and generally watches over him.

Happy to chat anytime if I can help.

Cheers,

JW
thomas811
Novice
Novice

Re: retirement residence?

Post by thomas811 »

Hi JW
thanks for your answer! I understand he/her lives in the same house as your father? This would be a possible way to go indeed. how did you organise this person? I mean this helper has to be trustworthy and reliably. Cooking and cleaning would be one thing, looking after issues with authorities (forms, visas i.e) another.
another point would be that with prosana he does not eat all alone, he could meet other people for lunch.

apart from the price, do u think prosana is a serious institution?

thanks and cheers, Thomas