A few days near the Hospital

Resorts, rooms, hotels, and guesthouses, find somewhere to stay.
Into Asia
Novice
Novice

A few days near the Hospital

Post by Into Asia »

Hi, I was thinking of spending 3 days near the Hospital, (south of centre), then 2 or 3 days in very close proximity to Soi 80 and its attractions, before finishing my 8 or 9 day visit to Hua Hin by moving closer to the centre.

If anyone can advise me in advance: 3 questions ..

How far could I walk "on the beach" from South (Near horspital) HH to city centre, or is it impossible ?

I expect when staying close to Soi 80, that I could walk comfortably (not beach walk) to city centre if I wanted to. (Fit young 60 year old style). Is that a good assumption ?

and

When i am ensconced closer to City Centre near the end of my trip, I was hoping to enjoy the upmarket nightspots of Sofitel and Hilton - just for the bands and good cheer. Can you advise when the Hilton and Soffie do NOT have live bands playing. ?

thats all my newbie questions rolled into one. I have accommodation sussed pretty well. I am aiming for early November, at the beginning of High season.

ps I hate tuk tuks and taxis, and would prefer always to catch the bus or walk. Cheers,

and hello all.
hhfarang
Hero
Hero

Re: A few days near the Hospital

Post by hhfarang »

How far could I walk "on the beach" from South (Near horspital) HH to city centre, or is it impossible ?
You can walk all the way to city center from both of the hospitals south of city center. It would only be a little more than a hundred meters to the beach, then from a half kilometer to a kilometer north up the beach. Plesant walk if the tide is not too high.
I expect when staying close to Soi 80, that I could walk comfortably (not beach walk) to city centre if I wanted to. (Fit young 60 year old style). Is that a good assumption ?
Less than ten minutes walk to any attraction, bar, or restaurant in the city center. Soi 80 is almost in the city center.

I can't answer your third question as I am not a night person, but as for transportation, if you are in reasonable shape and can handle the heat here, you can walk anywhere you want to from your three plans.
My brain is like an Internet browser; 12 tabs are open and 5 of them are not responding, there's a GIF playing in an endless loop,... and where is that annoying music coming from?
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

If you're referring to San Paulo Hospital, all 3 locations are with a 5 to 10 minute walking distance, even for a fit young 60 year old - not a lot of benefit in changing hotels.

From Petchkasem Road, you're never more than a couple of minutes from the beach.
Championship Plymouth Argyle 1 - 0 Leicester City :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance:

Points 48; Position 18
Into Asia
Novice
Novice

Post by Into Asia »

Thanks for input guys,

I also visited google maps, and saw that I could walk the beach road right into main centre as you have said in the first reply. It looks like a nice 2km stroll along the beach working up a thirst......

I am finding out (now that I am booking accom) that prices are higher than I am comfortable with in the city centre. I am getting high season quotes of 1200-1500 clean guesthouse.

Ban Boosarin seems to be charging 1500, (which is way above what was told to me just 1 year ago) but I cannot find email address for them at this point.

cheers again,
and thanks
Thriftydrifter
Amateur
Amateur

Post by Thriftydrifter »

If you are looking for something cheaper, we stayed at the Palada guesthouse - I think their standard rate is $900 without breakfast for A/C (rooms also have TV and fridge, but no kettle). Clean with a comfortable bed, bathroom somewhat tatty, family run, quiet location at the southern end of Naresdamri Rd.
Into Asia
Novice
Novice

Post by Into Asia »

Thanks for info Thrifty, I will check it out.

Meantime, while I was asleep at the wheel - I find that Air Asia and Scoot are both going to be using the old airport at Bangkok...........which means no bus direct to HH. (seems to only operate from the new airport)

I just know if I have to take a taxi into Bangkok, I will never get out of the clutches of that damn city.

Oh well, it was a dream to see HH, but doomed to failure. ie I will not catch a minivan or taxi to HH, and private transfers Bangkok to HH are higher than LT in Sukhumvit.

cheers again,

Maybe a decent bus service will start before my trip in November and December.

IA
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

I think there's a shuttle that will transport you between airports.
Championship Plymouth Argyle 1 - 0 Leicester City :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance:

Points 48; Position 18
Pleng
Legend
Legend

Post by Pleng »

There is a free shuttle. I remember when we took it they asked to see a copy of our plane ticket - that is the plane ticket into Don Mueang - they didn't need to see a plane ticket out of Suvarnabhumi.

Failing that, if you want a bit more comfort a Taxi costs about 400bt
Into Asia
Novice
Novice

Post by Into Asia »

Thanks BB and Pleng,

Its food for thought, but my inclination now is to put it on hold for another year or two, or until there is a direct shuttle from my arrival airport. (Things change quickly, so maybe ??)

Its not easy to get off a flight and get a shuttle or taxi to catch another shuttle or taxi.......I will just do the usual Bangkopatts trip.

I will save HH for another day.

thanks for all who input, cheers