Questions on short/long term accom & life on b18000 a mo

Resorts, rooms, hotels, and guesthouses, find somewhere to stay.
marktheshark
Novice
Novice

Questions on short/long term accom & life on b18000 a mo

Post by marktheshark »

there are a number of similar posts to this one, one recently by my namesake *mark* but we are not one in the same- big sollee. i would be grateful for any solid info that can be provided.

ive fallen into a pattern of returning to pattaya simply because its cheap. i dont even hang out in the bars and starting to dislike the place entirely(and ive only been back a week now). at issue mainly, the place seems to become more dirty, noisy and polluted with every year. the ocean is downright foul.

i think hua hin would provide me with exactly what im after. ive only seen the place from the train on the the way to/from malaysia. a quiet life and lots of beach time, thats all i need.

im concerned about costs as i live on b18000 a month. i can live as a local, no problem and prefer to be as close to water as possible.

REQUEST 1: i dont see many cheap gh on the internet. could someone kindly provide me with a short list of guesthouses for under 200 a night.

REQUEST 2: ultimately, i am after a small, CLEAN room for 3-5000 a month that is QUIET in the evening. my room in pattaya is quiet, clean, serviced, small tv, fridge and ac -i pay elec @ b5 per unit. i dont need the tv but would expect to pay less. is this reality in hua hin? could anyone provide me with names/locations/phonenumbers/persons?

big thanks!
Lev
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

Post by Lev »

Hi and welcome to the board.
It is quite possible to live on that amount, providing you stay off the sauce. Have you considered renting a house (can be done for 3 - 5k per month)? Alternatively All Nations guest house has cheap, quiet rooms and its very central, they will also do monthly rates. Speak to the owner , Tim; 032-512747. http://www.geocities.com/baja/dunes/5459/
(The website is a bit dated). There are not many guesthouses for under 200 baht per night here, you're better off getting a monthly rate and even then it could work out a little more expensive as high season approaches and accommodation becomes scarce.
marktheshark
Novice
Novice

house is good

Post by marktheshark »

hi lev-

thanks for the reply. sure a house is great. im happy for one big clean room at 4000, so a house is fantastic. only issue there is tying myself into a lease and deposits. im 42 and live on tourist visas -thai govt has seen to my intransigence (sp). i dont know whats going on as of late...

anyway, my biggest concern is housing costs. if i can housing to b5-6k incl electricity, life in hua hin is a possibility.

thanks to 411 on all nations, that is the only site i had found prior to posting that had reasonable st accom. i may leave pattaya in a month or perhaps after sokran might be best time to have a look.

perhaps you could tell me,
when is best time of year to look for a place?
are deposits required on flats and houses? -aside from electricity.

perhaps i should have posted on another thread -sollee.

karp
Lev
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

Post by Lev »

High season is often harder to find a place (november to february). You should be okay after songkran. Deposits are generally one months rent extra (dont get fooled into paying more as some landlords may insist on).