Resorts in Prachuap Khiri Khan

Resorts, rooms, hotels, and guesthouses, find somewhere to stay.
caller
Hero
Hero

Resorts in Prachuap Khiri Khan

Post by caller »

Not strictly Hua Hin I know, but not far away.

Anyone had any experience of the Baanpran resort or Tanao Sri resort?

Or could recommend anywhere in the area similarly priced?

I'll be spending a few days in HH with the fiance' :) and then looking for somewhere quieter with the wife!!!! :shock:

Now, before you all get carried away - its the same lady! In between is a trip up to her home to get married.

The new step-son will be heading back with us.

Hence my link to Jaimes earlier post about car hire.

Many thanks.

Caller
Talk is cheap
Jaime
Legend
Legend

Post by Jaime »

Good luck for the wedding and the future Caller - I took a leap of faith a few years back and brought not one but two Thai step-sons back to UK (I assume that is what you meant). It is tough going at times and the pressures are not to be underestimated but it all seems to be working out. I will be in HH soon so maybe if you are thinking of bringing the boy back to UK he can talk with one of ours if you are there and they can talk 'kid to kid' about what life is really like for a Thai child when they move abroad. My son speaks English too, just in case you want to hear his perspective! Not sure what my boy will make of being put on display in this way but a game or two of pool usually loosens him up!

Once again - I wish you all the best. :cheers:
caller
Hero
Hero

Post by caller »

Many thanks Jaime, I've read your "family" posts with interest as I knew it was the direction I was heading.

I'm still not 100% sure of when I'm travelling but need to get that sorted out in the next few days, but the chances are it won't be until the 28th April, although it might be a week earlier. Its just work commitments getting in the way at the moment.

And you're right, it is a Thai step-son, but not old enough to play pool yet, but I guess thats something for me to look forward to!! He's already been introduced to English by his mother who speaks and writes English ok and even translates for a local school near her home town.

The idea behind trying to find somewhere quieter to stay is to start the process of getting integrated as a family unit but that won't happen in earnest until we get together in the UK. If no-one knows of these places I'll probably go-ahead with one of them in any case.

And without being in any way intrusive, I might call on a few tips in due course if thats okay? :)

Regards

Caller.
Talk is cheap
Jaime
Legend
Legend

Post by Jaime »

Unfortunately we will have already left Hua Hin when you are there. If my experience is anything to go by you will need immeasurable patience to bring up your stepson (and wife!) in the UK - a quality I acknowledge that I am deficient in but in which I aspire to improve. If you need a sounding board then feel free to pm me - no problem.

Jaime
Norseman
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by Norseman »

Hi caller.
I also want to wish you a happy wedding and all the best in the future.
Hope both you and Jaime will have a nice holiday here.
:cheers:
I intend to live forever - so far so good.
caller
Hero
Hero

Post by caller »

Many thanks to both Norseman and Jaime! :cheers:
Talk is cheap
Jaime
Legend
Legend

Post by Jaime »

Norseman wrote:Hope both you and Jaime will have a nice holiday here.
:cheers:
Thanks Norseman - three more days before we leave the coldest March in years behind! :cheers: