Advice needed

Resorts, rooms, hotels, and guesthouses, find somewhere to stay.
sparkey
Novice
Novice

Advice needed

Post by sparkey »

I'm arriving Bangers on the 19th of march . I'll be staying three days there.Then heading down Hua hin way .I normally go to Pattaya straight from bkk but have decided I need a change .These are my questions and any advice would be greatly appreciated .

1) best way and cheapest way to get to Hu hin from Soi 4 Bkk?

2) an update on the hotels and if they have web sites or email adresses ? From reading previous posts I'm looking at the Supramit ,City beach , Fulay and Jed pee nong. I normally pay around 7-800 baht for room with a pool and english language tv e.g. Hbo/Ubc .Or would it be better to get to a bar and ask from there?. I just don't know.

3) going down to Samui/Phuket ? What are the transport oppurtunities from Hua hin? Am i better off going back to bkk and flying or travelling overland from HH?

Any Info would be great and if anyones about whilst I'm down there I'll gladly Buy them a pint.

Cheers guys

Sparkey

PS I'm travelling for the girlies so no LB hotels please.
Bamboo Grove

Post by Bamboo Grove »

1. Cheapest: hop on air con bus no. 511. It will take you to Southern Bus Terminal (Sai Tai Mai), then take a bus to Hua Hin (128 baht). Buses leave every 40 minutes for HH. If you don't mind paying a bit more take a taxi to the bus depo, it will cost you around 100 baht from Nana.
Taxis to HH cost about 1.500-2.000 baht.

2. Jed Phii Nong was about 1.000-1.300 when my friends stayed there some time ago. P.P Villa next to JPN is marginally cheaper with swimming pool as well. Supramitr is the cheapest of these but to me the rooms look a bit run down. City Beach is well over 1.000 baht.

3. Overland to Samui/Phuket. You must take a bus or train to either Chumphon or Surathani to go to Samui. From Chumphon you can take a boat to Ko Tao and then another one To Samui. From Surat you must also hop on a boat to get to Samui. If you go to Phuket, you can take a bus (long trip) straight to the island or you can take a train to Surat or Trang and then procede to Phuket by bus. Flying from BKK is certainly the easiest way. Now that the new no frills airlines are starting their operations, you might actually get a cheap air ticket.
sparkey
Novice
Novice

Post by sparkey »

Thanks Bamboo ,

That was some great information . It looks like I'll be looking for a guesthouse rather than a hotel. The only problem is in all the links on this site the bed seem to be 2 single beds pushed together . I do like a queensize bed so maybe I'll have to up my price range on a hotel or try to find a guest house with a decent bed and go without a pool.

Any Ideas/suggestions would be very welcome .

Sparkey
Bamboo Grove

Post by Bamboo Grove »

Why not try London Lounge. It hasn't go many rooms but they are new and nice and it's in the middle of action.
Makexxx
Novice
Novice

Post by Makexxx »

Bamboo Grove wrote:Why not try London Lounge. It hasn't go many rooms but they are new and nice and it's in the middle of action.
London Lounge is Ok 8)
sparkey
Novice
Novice

Post by sparkey »

Cheers guys .I'll give it a go . Do they have a website or do you have a phone number for it.

Sparkey
I'll die the day I can't drink 24/7 in los !!!
Bamboo Grove

Post by Bamboo Grove »

Sorry Sparkey for not answering yet. I'm on a working trip to Bangkok and Kanjanaburi at the moment and don't have their card on me. I'll post more info after returning to Hua on Tuesday evening, unless somebody else can put the contact info here earlier or mention this to Wij and ask him to put the info required here himself.
Lev
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

Post by Lev »

You can reach the owner, Wij on 06-6179701.