City Beach or others

Resorts, rooms, hotels, and guesthouses, find somewhere to stay.
Fybo

City Beach or others

Post by Fybo »

Not posted on the board for a while (sorry) – just getting prepared for my next HH trip (March 2005).

Over the past 5 years, I’ve being staying at the City Beach for my vacation. Just enquired about the room rates and they have shot up to just under 2000bht per night (paid 1100 in April). Any ideas as to why the price hike? In addition, they were saying that guests would be charged extra as well (that was in April – but I wasn’t charged for the odd moment of weakness :D ). I am a little reluctant to pay almost 2000 per night for a hotel that needs a bit of attention.

Can anyone suggest a decent hotel that is around 12-1300 per night that doesn’t mind guests nor charges extra if you bring a friend back.

Cheers
:cheers:
Lev
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

Peony Hotel

Post by Lev »

This one looks ok, centrally located also:

http://peonyhotel.com/rooms.htm
Fybo

Post by Fybo »

Thanks Lev, I will look at this one.

I'm also considering the Hua Hin Suites (opp the Sofitel), this looks a new-ish one. So if anyone has stayed there, would wecome your comments, experience, etc.

Cheers :cheers:
thailooper

Accomodation - Hua Hin Suites

Post by thailooper »

I stay in HH Suites anytime in HH. Good hotel - small pool etc but rooms & service make up for it. New manageress named Chunya - a bit chubby but very helpful. Tell her Tiger sent you !
Moto Guzzi Bob

Post by Moto Guzzi Bob »

Fyb wrote:
Over the past 5 years, I’ve being staying at the City Beach for my vacation. Just enquired about the room rates and they have shot up to just under 2000bht per night (paid 1100 in April). Any ideas as to why the price hike? In addition, they were saying that guests would be charged extra as well (that was in April – but I wasn’t charged for the odd moment of weakness ). I am a little reluctant to pay almost 2000 per night for a hotel that needs a bit of attention.

Try the agency 'SAWADEE.com' I've used them for hotels all over Thailand, usually the cheapest and very efficient - they are doing the City Beach for 1500 (single) 1600 (double).
I'm thinking of trying the City Beach this August, for the usual reasons guest friendly/ no joiner fee/ looks very convenient, etc although I have heard it's a little tatty
Moto Guzzi Bob
Nah, must be more to it!
cockneyrebel

City Beach

Post by cockneyrebel »

Hi 'Bob, have you heard of the Thipuri City hotel, it's just "across the Soi" from the City Beach and is in very good nick. A friend of mine who's as tight as a duck's arse stays there 3/4 times a year when he visits HH and swears by it. The prices are, I believe similar.
I was in the City Beach last May (for the second time) and yes, it could do with a lick of paint and a general update (the breakfasts are pretty awful too!!)
Moto Guzzi Bob

Post by Moto Guzzi Bob »

Hi cockneyrebel
:thumb: for that info. Oddly, It was one of 3 hotels I've been considering and the rates are cheaper 1100 bahts (with sawadeee.com - incidently I don't work for 'em!!). I'm Yorkshire lad originally, but not tight any more :o !? Tell you what, I like a good breakfast, stayed in the HH Grand once - breakfast was rubbish! (Hotel's not that good but GF and no joiner fee). Is this crap breakfast a general HH thing? I ask 'cause I've travelled a fair bit in Thailand and everywhere I've been to has better breakfasts' than HH.
Have fun
Moto Guzzi Bob
Nah, must be more to it!
PeteB
Professional
Professional

Post by PeteB »

MGB,

I don't know if you have been following the Sawadee forum. They seem to be having some problems since the Tsunami.

They have seemed great in the past, but may have got out of their depth and hit harder than could have been expected.

http://forum.sawadee.com/viewtopic.php?t=962

Peter
Moto Guzzi Bob

Damn!

Post by Moto Guzzi Bob »

Hi Pete B,
Just as I thought I had finally found a relable organisation. (I must have used them previously to succesfully book about 10 hotels in/ around Thailand). I haven't used them yet for this summer's trip and this is obviously making me have rethink. Of course it may just be a rare hiccup, but even so, I find it hard to think of a good excuse they could come up with.
I think I will do a new posting and find people's opinion's about this and other agencies.
Once again, thanks for the warning shot.
Moto Guzzi Bob (Incidently, I like your abbreviation to MGB as I have owned a load roadsters in the past!)
Nah, must be more to it!