Hua Hin rental prices

Ask here about the pleasures and pitfalls of buying, selling or renting property and real estate in Hua Hin. Building, design and construction topics welcome. Commercial or promotional posts for real estate companies or private properties are forbidden.
Sunny234a
Novice
Novice

Re: Hua Hin rental prices

Post by Sunny234a »

Would anyone suggest finding your own place or using an agency? I would be looking for a safe 1 bedroom condo. I'm a total newbie & thank you for any help and advice. I'm ready to leave the rat race here and retire soon
Lev
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

Post by Lev »

Welcome to the forum. You can find Hua Hin rentals listed here: http://www.propertyhuahin.net/property.php?type=H&for=R
heartofmidlothian
Professional
Professional

Post by heartofmidlothian »

Sunny, you would be best to visit Hua Hin and have a look around. Try some of the agencies and also drive around looking for signs and also just asking Thais who you see, in the areas you like the look of. You can get small, basic houses for 8000 baht up, per month.
Sunny234a
Novice
Novice

Post by Sunny234a »

Thank you for the advice. Sounds like a good plan!
mikeS
Novice
Novice

Post by mikeS »

i am staying here already.
i have lived 1 month in an apartment at main rd soi 43 and i pay 10,000 bth pr mnth.
apartment is nice but i dont like the location.
i am looking for something in the same price range,that i can rent for 4-6 months.
..and i will prefer a location as close to central HuaHin an possible.
i have already contacted an agency HuaHin finder,and is waiting for some reply.
is there anybody who can recommend an other agency,so i have something to chose from ?
Pagey
Legend
Legend

Post by Pagey »

mikeS, why not take a ride/walk around the areas you would like to live and see what is available ?
'If you didn't have a wasted youth you wasted your youth'

Man in pub circa 1987.
mikeS
Novice
Novice

Post by mikeS »

yes i think i will try and do that also..thank you
artyoz
Amateur
Amateur

Post by artyoz »

Hi boys, i am staying in a building uniquely called "condochain",opp Bangkok Hospital. You should be able to get a room there for about 9-10000b/mth. Very close to beach,clean swimming pool,security and well run. Might be worth a look.
Hahuahin
Guru
Guru

Post by Hahuahin »

Great tread, very helpful for a planned relocation of a newbie to Hua Hin. Let the post stream in! I'm early retired but wife (Thai) still in working age and have just got the opportunity for a new well paid job, after Thai standards, in Hua Hin.

We have been on a few weekend trips to Hua Hin, but both are very unfamiliar with where we shall choose to rent in Hua Hin. She will work near Khao Takieb, and will of course prefer shortest possible commute to work.

I'm as mentioned retired but like to be active and have been involved with a cycle group in Phuket, like to take a stroll either in a park or even roadside now and then and was when younger a reasonable good swimmer and still try to get in a swim or two weekly. None of us are into bar or restaurant life.

Btw, We was one time in a resort/hotel/condo called Tai Pan I think it was, up near a kind of waterpark in Hua Hin and we both loved the location and surroundings. How is that location in distance to Khao Takiab.?

Thanks & Regards :)
Hahuahin
hhfarang
Hero
Hero

Post by hhfarang »

^ That was Black Mountain water park and that's a way from Takiab. There's a newer water park on the edge of Takiab but Tai Pan is at Black Mountain.
My brain is like an Internet browser; 12 tabs are open and 5 of them are not responding, there's a GIF playing in an endless loop,... and where is that annoying music coming from?
Hahuahin
Guru
Guru

Post by Hahuahin »

hhfarang wrote:^ That was Black Mountain water park and that's a way from Takiab. There's a newer water park on the edge of Takiab but Tai Pan is at Black Mountain.
Thanks for the reply. Okay so if she want a short commute to work we have to look at another area. What areas is to be recommended if want to be in a 5-15 minutes motorbike drive to Khao Takiab and at the same time not located in the middle of town. What about Khao Takieb itself, how far is that from town and how is the area,. i.e. touristic or local area?

Another thing I have read about Hua Hin is that there some periods of the year can be water shortage. Do this mean that the water from the municipality not are reliable so that everyone should have their own tank or that the system not cover all the residential areas? If so which residential area have least problems with water outage?

Thanks
Hahuahin
hhfarang
Hero
Hero

Post by hhfarang »

I'd say the west part of Soi 102 up near the mountain. It has lots of housing, is pretty quiet, yet pretty convenient to both Takiab and downtown Hua Hin using back roads away from traffic.

As far as water goes, yes, the municipal water is not reliable and everyone already does have their own tank, but sometimes that is not even enough... but that depends on where you live. Closer to downtown means more water, father out means less unless the development has it's own water source. That's a good thing to research before renting as water can get expensive if bought from trucks or from a greedy developer who has a captive audience.
My brain is like an Internet browser; 12 tabs are open and 5 of them are not responding, there's a GIF playing in an endless loop,... and where is that annoying music coming from?
Hahuahin
Guru
Guru

Post by Hahuahin »

Is it the Red mountain we talk about here, or am I really of track, which is very possible.
If you know, how is the standard of houses in or near soi 102 and what do I have to expect to pay in monthly rent for a 1-2 bedroom house, car parking under roof, no pool, small garden or no garden (we are only two, but we like good standard) furnished or partly furnished. How is the neighbourhood with roads, traffic, garbage disposal, flooding prone or not, and what kind of neighbours, locals or mostly foreigners or a good mix.

Thanks
Hahuahin
Nothappyjan

Post by Nothappyjan »

Could someone let me know the price of a long term rental for a beach front condo between HH and Khao Takiab - 2.beds and 2 bathrooms - six month plus or even a yearly rental
buksida

Post by buksida »

Who is the happier man, he who has braved the storm of life and lived or he who has stayed securely on shore and merely existed? - Hunter S Thompson