CONDO maintenance - BEWARE

Ask here about the pleasures and pitfalls of buying, selling or renting property and real estate in Hua Hin. Building, design and construction topics welcome. Commercial or promotional posts for real estate companies or private properties are forbidden.
richard
Deceased
Deceased

CONDO maintenance - BEWARE

Post by richard »

I thought I'd post this as a warning to any new condo owners/long term renters regarding condo maintenance. It may not apply to all condos.

I'm commencing a refurbishment of my long term rental property with the permission of the condo owner. The maintenance is mainly painting, decorating and replacement of a few items. It does not involve any construction work involving noise and movement of rubble.

I have hit a brick wall called 'condo management' :banghead: It is a rule that construction work on the condos is restricted to low season so as to not inconvenience high season visitors. I can appreciate that.

I have pointed out that there will be no noise and no smell as my condo has three large balcony door which will be adequate for ventilation. I have yet to sit down and discuss the matter with the management as they are on holiday :roll: but my view is that if it comes to the crunch, my workmen will become house-guests and what I do within the confines of my condo is my business and my business alone. All materials for the job are already in the condo so if push really comes to shove I could do it myself (if I can remember how):laugh:
RICHARD OF LOXLEY

It’s none of my business what people say and think of me. I am what I am and do what I do. I expect nothing and accept everything. It makes life so much easier.
kendo
Rock Star
Rock Star

Re: CONDO maintenance - BEWARE

Post by kendo »

Richard why not have a painting party could be great fun and a novel way of getting your work done for the price of some food and booze mate.

Kendo.
Is Bangkok a place or a nasty injury.......Eric Morcombe.

Proud to be a Southampton FC Fan.
richard
Deceased
Deceased

Re: CONDO maintenance - BEWARE

Post by richard »

I'll leave it till March then :laugh:
RICHARD OF LOXLEY

It’s none of my business what people say and think of me. I am what I am and do what I do. I expect nothing and accept everything. It makes life so much easier.