Cheaper thai style rentals

Ask here about the pleasures and pitfalls of buying, selling or renting property and real estate in Hua Hin. Building, design and construction topics welcome. Commercial or promotional posts for real estate companies or private properties are forbidden.
Mr Jame!
Rookie
Rookie

Cheaper thai style rentals

Post by Mr Jame! »

Alot people go for falang style places for rent starting at 30,000 up to 60 or 70,000 with pools etc. But whats wrong with a thai landlord run place for 4 or 5,000 ? Ive rented some lovely places with mountain views and no nosey neibours. These farang letting agencies seem very expensive to me.
buksida

Post by buksida »

Nothing wrong with them if you can face the hassle of bartering with the landlord who is trying to rip you off, battling to get anything fixed in the house, or spending six months driving around trying to find a neighbourhood with no construction sites, no packs of howling dogs and no teenage gangs on two strokes.

The farang style places at the prices you mention are largely targeted towards holiday makers that really don't want all the hassle for the month or so that they're staying here.
Who is the happier man, he who has braved the storm of life and lived or he who has stayed securely on shore and merely existed? - Hunter S Thompson
JW
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by JW »

I thought i had rented a lovely place for 7000. Its nice but boy do the dogs go for it at about midnight! Then this unknown bloke comes into the field behind every morning at about 7.30 and feeds the buggers. After 10 minutes they are fighting over whats left. Thankfully no building....YET.
lomuamart

Post by lomuamart »

Where's that JW?
I've been trying to find an undisturbed blade of grass in the HH vicinity for ages :thumb: