House market in Hua Hin

Ask here about the pleasures and pitfalls of buying, selling or renting property and real estate in Hua Hin. Building, design and construction topics welcome. Commercial or promotional posts for real estate companies or private properties are forbidden.
StevePIraq
Rock Star
Rock Star

Re: House market in Hua Hin

Post by StevePIraq »

but that is how many could get around the land ownership issue, by utilizing Thai/Chinese families.
"Live everyday as if it were your last because someday you're going to be right." Muhammad Ali
caller
Hero
Hero

Post by caller »

StevePIraq wrote: Tue Apr 24, 2018 1:25 pm but that is how many could get around the land ownership issue, by utilizing Thai/Chinese families.
Many of those Thai / Chinese families are historical and very firmly Thai and came here when China was a very different Country to what it is now, so don't really have any connections with China.
Talk is cheap
GroveHillWanderer
Guru
Guru

Post by GroveHillWanderer »

StevePIraq wrote: Tue Apr 24, 2018 1:25 pm but that is how many could get around the land ownership issue, by utilizing Thai/Chinese families.
I'm not sure I follow. How would a Chinese citizen with no links to Thailand, 'utilize' a Thai/Chinese family to get around land ownership laws? Perhaps you could explain how you think this would work.
StevePIraq
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by StevePIraq »

My assumption was based on Chinese purchasers having relationships with Thai/Chinese families in Thailand and whilst they would not be able to buy directly in their own name they could via their relations and a contract of use or some sort established. I am not saying it does happen just that it could be a possibility.

The articles previously posted were to do with condos not with land/house purchases.
"Live everyday as if it were your last because someday you're going to be right." Muhammad Ali
HHCanuck
Professional
Professional

Post by HHCanuck »

Honestly the idea purchasing a house in Hua Hin is a bit scary with all the reports of party houses. Are there gated villages that prevent the owners from ruining their neighbors peace by renting as a party house? Can such rules be enforced or part of a legal contract?
johnjar
Guru
Guru

Post by johnjar »

HHCanuck wrote: Wed Apr 25, 2018 6:04 pm Honestly the idea purchasing a house in Hua Hin is a bit scary with all the reports of party houses. Are there gated villages that prevent the owners from ruining their neighbors peace by renting as a party house? Can such rules be enforced or part of a legal contract?
We cannot choose our neighbors though Hua Hin is a much less scarey option than Harrow which is supposed to be one of the better areas in uk. Loud music is the better option.

caller
Hero
Hero

Post by caller »

HHCanuck wrote: Wed Apr 25, 2018 6:04 pm Honestly the idea purchasing a house in Hua Hin is a bit scary with all the reports of party houses. Are there gated villages that prevent the owners from ruining their neighbors peace by renting as a party house? Can such rules be enforced or part of a legal contract?
Yes, depending on what the by-laws state as managed by the juristic office. Where I am, a house was apparently being rented for very short lets of 1-2 nights which I believe is actually against the law? But basically, whilst not let for party's as such, we were all informed via email (which was the first I had heard of it) that the owners had been told that if such lets continued, then security would be instructed to not let the 'tenants' access to the site.
Talk is cheap
HHTel
Hero
Hero

Post by HHTel »

'Party houses' are illegal and should be reported to the police. They may take no notice at first but you need to pester them. There has been some success in Hua Hin but it is an uphill struggle.