Hua Hin Condo owners fined for short term rentals

Ask here about the pleasures and pitfalls of buying, selling or renting property and real estate in Hua Hin. Building, design and construction topics welcome. Commercial or promotional posts for real estate companies or private properties are forbidden.
migrant
Addict
Addict

Re: Hua Hin Condo owners fined for short term rentals

Post by migrant »

crazy88 wrote: Mon Jun 18, 2018 10:33 pm Thanks for that Migrant. 4 nights is bad enough but what if it was 2 weeks @ 10k night !!!!

I will be having a really good look at their contracts to see who is responsible in such cases.

Perhaps the owner/renter was not advised of the cancellation or has a complete no refund policy or both. Whichever ,in this case, I would suffer it and apologise to maintain goodwill with the client and take it up with the owner, if they were the one at fault, later. Bad customer service from Expedia in any case. In Expedia shoes I would have some serious ear ringing, if not head rolling, going on.

Crazy 88
Yes, I agree! I owned a business for many years. We didn't make many mistakes, but when we did we bent over backwards to make it good. As a result we never lost a customer due to a mistake.

Businesses sometimes forget who is the cause of their success.
The proper function of man is to live, not to exist. I shall not waste my days in trying to prolong them. I shall use my time.
crazy88
Deceased
Deceased

Re: Hua Hin Condo owners fined for short term rentals

Post by crazy88 »

HD wrote

"I use Booking.com and pay when I arrive. That way there's no problem."

Thats all good HD. If owners owners state that they will contact you prior to reconfirm with 7 days grace from that point say 30 days of your arrival. In the meantime you are booked and if you do not reconfirm within the 7 days grace the unit will be open for rent. The short version. You book today for Christmas. We block and keep in touch. Prior to the 30 days if we can not contact you or a contact you provide we will open the unit for bookings. Good faith is great but many people just book half a dozen units to keep them available while they make a choice and do not have the courtesy to cancel the others.

Crazy 88