Discount for new property projects

Ask here about the pleasures and pitfalls of buying, selling or renting property and real estate in Hua Hin. Building, design and construction topics welcome. Commercial or promotional posts for real estate companies or private properties are forbidden.
dundrillin
Guru
Guru

Re: Discount for new property projects

Post by dundrillin »

Mandy with cats wrote: Thu Jul 05, 2018 10:19 am my experience with the Thai agent was exactly the solo freelancer type, and thats why her performance and professional practice was not even controlled or guided by a company policy. How much a local Thai needed to live for a year? Could be any figure, but many Thais in BKK or Phuket are earning less than 20K a month. Especially when there is no threshold to becoming an agent, unlike doctors/ teachers/ lawyers... Anyway no offence but I clearly know that I dont need an agent at this moment, unless i want to look for some resale and i dont have the owners contact.
The best option is to look at re-sales in my opinion. A property 3-4 years old will have replaced the defective equipment that may have been supplied and have fixed any teething problems. Also any major structural problems will be either absent or obvious. It is likely that existing properties will be in a better location and in a completed development.
migrant
Addict
Addict

Post by migrant »

dundrillin wrote: Thu Jul 05, 2018 5:50 pm
Mandy with cats wrote: Thu Jul 05, 2018 10:19 am my experience with the Thai agent was exactly the solo freelancer type, and thats why her performance and professional practice was not even controlled or guided by a company policy. How much a local Thai needed to live for a year? Could be any figure, but many Thais in BKK or Phuket are earning less than 20K a month. Especially when there is no threshold to becoming an agent, unlike doctors/ teachers/ lawyers... Anyway no offence but I clearly know that I dont need an agent at this moment, unless i want to look for some resale and i dont have the owners contact.
The best option is to look at re-sales in my opinion. A property 3-4 years old will have replaced the defective equipment that may have been supplied and have fixed any teething problems. Also any major structural problems will be either absent or obvious. It is likely that existing properties will be in a better location and in a completed development.
I agree. I've owned several houses over the years and have always looked for used properties.
The proper function of man is to live, not to exist. I shall not waste my days in trying to prolong them. I shall use my time.
Mandy with cats
Amateur
Amateur

Post by Mandy with cats »

migrant wrote: Thu Jul 05, 2018 6:14 pm
dundrillin wrote: Thu Jul 05, 2018 5:50 pm
I agree. I've owned several houses over the years and have always looked for used properties.
So did u use an agent to look for resale?
StevePIraq
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by StevePIraq »

You just drive around you will see for sale signs all over the place, if no company name on the sign it is a private sale, take the number and phone. No agent is required but you should still get a lawyer.
"Live everyday as if it were your last because someday you're going to be right." Muhammad Ali