Chipping a cat

Discussion on family life, childcare, home making, shopping, lifestyle, pet care, gardening and general household issues.
fft100
Professional
Professional

Chipping a cat

Post by fft100 »

To prevent other cats from using a catflap, in the UK and elsewhere it is possible to use a catflap that recognises a microchip embedded in the cat. Amazon has a few products. one that only seems to get 5 star reviews is :

Has anyone seen microchip cat flaps in Thailand, and more importantly, does anyone have any experience in microchipping their cat here ?

cheers
PeteC

Re: Chipping a cat

Post by PeteC »

I thought we may be talking golf? :shock:

In all seriousness, I think your thinking is a few decades ahead of reality here. However, I stand to be corrected. Pete :cheers:
Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed. Source
Spitfire
Addict
Addict

Post by Spitfire »

Yes Pete, golf or worse maybe. :shock:

I think you are way into sci-fi OP on this front.....kind of humorous question though, although that could be the Chang I've drunk tonight.

Regarding cats, many don't last that long as the dogs end up having them sooner or later. Maybe if you got a chip in a cat then you'd end up with a soi dog in your kitchen scoffing the cat food as the bleeper is in the dog's stomach.
Resolve dissolves in alcohol
chopsticks
Guru
Guru

Post by chopsticks »

Seems a bit OTT - simpler versions use a magnet on the cat's collar to allow access through the catflap.
Frank Hovis
Legend
Legend

Post by Frank Hovis »

I think this explains the process... sorry

fft100
Professional
Professional

Post by fft100 »

Since the best option doesnt seem to be possible in Thailand, has anyone used the electromagnetic method over here ? Has anyone seen such a catflap for sale, or is it a case(sic) of bringing it back from the UK (western country) ?