Canine contraception

Discussion on family life, childcare, home making, shopping, lifestyle, pet care, gardening and general household issues.
dtaai-maai
Hero
Hero

Re: Canine contraception

Post by dtaai-maai »

Thanks, Pete. Change of agenda - blood tests today, she goes in for the op on Wednesday.
This is the way
PeteC

Post by PeteC »

Here's a tear jerker for you to read and/or watch about two dogs. It's an American story so perhaps not known in the UK. Pete :cheers:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Where_the_Red_Fern_Grows

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0072402/

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0192788/
Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed. Source
dtaai-maai
Hero
Hero

Post by dtaai-maai »

I watched some daft doggy tear-jerker a while back about a dog that used to wait for his master at the station every afternoon, and then when the master (Richard Geere) died at work he just kept going back every day. True story I think.
This is the way
Nereus
Hero
Hero

Post by Nereus »

dtaai-maai wrote:I watched some daft doggy tear-jerker a while back about a dog that used to wait for his master at the station every afternoon, and then when the master (Richard Geere) died at work he just kept going back every day. True story I think.
When did he die? :shock:
May you be in heaven half an hour before the devil know`s you`re dead!
pharvey

Post by pharvey »

DM - I hope all goes well, as Pete says, sure it will!! :D

As to the Richard Gere movie - whether or not the same name, it's about Hachikō..... quite a famous story in Japan. I worked in Tokyo and Japan for several months and was taken to Shibuya railroad station by my translator (and devoted dog lover...) for a ceromony - not sure whether the date is the dog's death or the profesor's (his master).

Anyway, true story - Hachikō would always meet his master (a professor), on his return from the university everyday at the same time. After only a couple of years, sadly the professor passed away (whilst at the university). Hachikō, however still waited at the station at the same time every day...... for I believe something like 8 years!!

[EDIT] My dog just bloody tries to unpack whilst I'm packing (knowing I'm going away), and then sulks for a day or 2 after I get back...... The LHG just sulks when I get back!!

:cheers: :cheers:
"Hope is a good thing, maybe the best of things" - Yma o Hyd.
dtaai-maai
Hero
Hero

Post by dtaai-maai »

Lucy had her little op this morning and was home this afternoon. It actually slowed her down for a while!
I was of course fussing unnecessarily, but the last time we took a dog in for an op she didn't come home, so I suppose a few nerves were forgivable.

4000 baht seemed a tad steep (what's the going rate elsewhere?), but as Mrs D-M said "Mai bpen 'rai, maa chan ok!"
This is the way
moja
Guru
Guru

Post by moja »

glad to hear all went well!
dtaai-maai
Hero
Hero

Post by dtaai-maai »

I just hope the silly bitch appreciates it. :wink: :shock: :laugh:
This is the way
Dannie Boy
Hero
Hero

Post by Dannie Boy »

dtaai-maai wrote:I just hope the silly bitch appreciates it. :wink: :shock: :laugh:
Well they say what you've never had you never miss - obviously she's now got something missing but no pups to worry about or randy dogs to keep in check!!
Vital Spark
Legend
Legend

Post by Vital Spark »

Glad it all went OK, DM. However, I do think that 4K is a bit steep for the op, especially as she didn't have an overnight stay, or require 24hr care in ICU with an attentive nurse stroking her little paw.

The going rate in this neck of the woods is around 1,500 baht. But what the heck, 2,500 baht isn't much to pay for peace of mind that she won't be producing absolutely gorgeous little bundles of fur, that you can play with in the evening after a hard day at work.......

VS :wink:
"Properly trained, man can be a dog's best friend"
STEVE G
Hero
Hero

Post by STEVE G »

Yes, I'm pretty sure we paid somewhere around 1,500 bt as well, collected in the morning and returned in the afternoon, she was a bit unsteady for a few hours but quickly recovered.
dtaai-maai
Hero
Hero

Post by dtaai-maai »

While we're on the topic of dogs, I downloaded a documentary called THE SECRET LIFE OF DOGS from TheBox.biz yesterday and watched some of it last night. It's a close up science-based look (but with plenty of fluffygushy heart-warming stuff too) at the evolution and psychology of a dog - how it has become man's best friend. Haven't seen all of it yet, but it looks like a must see for dog lovers.
This is the way
moja
Guru
Guru

Post by moja »

We watched The Secret Life of Dogs last night. Very interesting and one of the things we learned was that our dog is left footed and his fur swirls go the wrong way so he could never have been a Guide Dog!
poosmate
Ace
Ace

Post by poosmate »

Paid 1600 Baht last month at the vets on the klong rd, included overnight and stitch removal 1 week later.
no more dePreston