Electric Shavers

Discussion on family life, childcare, home making, shopping, lifestyle, pet care, gardening and general household issues.
BaaBaa.
Addict
Addict

Re: Electric Shavers

Post by BaaBaa. »

My skin dries up like like crazy and being blonde I can't exactly grow the old shadow (or sideburns actually) but I have to shave every 2 or 3 days or days or look a scruff.

Always wet though, can't imagine using an electric shaver.
charlesh
Ace
Ace

Post by charlesh »

Am a tried and proved Philips man now having tried Braun and Remington in the past (not all models). Get great battery use out of the roto blades, however I do enjoy the cut throat down town in Chaibadan every now and then - always better than an electric shave!
PeteC

Post by PeteC »

Wife went shopping at Central, Pattaya and found some electric shavers. She bought a Philips AT750 for 2,498 Baht. That was the only AT model they had (wet/dry). She said they had many different models of Braun and were doing a hard sell on them.

Just getting used to using the Philips so no definitive report yet. First try didn't go too well....but it's early days. :D Pete :cheers:
Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed. Source
caller
Hero
Hero

Post by caller »

It will take a while Pete if a new user, thats in all their bumph overe here. I found the same when I swapped from Braun.
Talk is cheap
sargeant
Deceased
Deceased

Post by sargeant »

I was rather intrigued by callers comment
The con is with the cost of the relacement shaving head, which they recommend changing every two years.
As my Braun is my first electric shaver in 20+ years i did not know so i asked my BinL he did his bit Braun UK, ebay etc
His conclusion the foil and blade replacements were more expensive than buying a new razor so he is buying me a new one just in case :shock: :shock: :D :D :D
A Greatfull Guest of Thailand
Farang
Ace
Ace

Post by Farang »

I bought this shaver from 7-11 on the corner of 94 and railroad parallel west. The price was 219 THB and the thing seems to go on for ever on the dual AA batteries.

http://www.panasonic.com/th/consumer/he ... -6850.html
"There's no plausible or convincing reason, certainly no evidential one, to believe that there is such an entity (= deity) and that all observable phenomena, including the cosmological ones... are explicable without the hypothesis; you don't need the assumption."
oakdale160
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by oakdale160 »

I have 2 Brauns, a large plug in model and a small rechargeable one for travel--both excellent, but the replacement foils are riduculously expensive (more than half the cost of the whole unit)so treat them carefully.
HHCanuck
Professional
Professional

Post by HHCanuck »

I bought a Braun but it didn't work well took forever to shave my face. I then tried one of the cheaper Philips and it was much better. Unfortunately it was stolen from my bag in Nigeria. I then bought another philishave but the more expensive triple blade, wow does it work great. I can shave in about 1 minute and the battery lasts forever. I charge it at home before going to work for 1 month and don't charge it again until I return (shave daily).
hhfarang
Hero
Hero

Post by hhfarang »

I have been using the same Norelco rotary head shaver for 15 years and it still gives me a good shave with a shaving head change about every two or three years. It's made by Phillips and sold under the Norelco brand in the U.S. but the only ones I've seen here are Phillips cheaper ones with 2 heads (mine has 3) and I don't think they work as well. This one gives me 70 hours per charge at 3 to 4 minutes per shave and I have a heavy growth so need to shave twice a day so a charge lasts around two weeks. It is great and I wish I could find a replacement here as it is getting worn in some parts and the recharge cord is completely devoid of the rubber coating now.

Anyway, if you can find one, I highly recommend the Norelco 3 head rotary. I tried much more expensive electric razors from Germany and others but this one has worked best and longest for me.

I've actually had more than one person here ask me how I remain so clean shaven all the time... (twice a day for 3 minutes with my Norelco!) :cheers:
My brain is like an Internet browser; 12 tabs are open and 5 of them are not responding, there's a GIF playing in an endless loop,... and where is that annoying music coming from?
JoshuaAustin
Novice
Novice

Post by JoshuaAustin »

Hello! Is there anyone here who knows the top of the line electric shaver? I would certainly benefit from a lot of the information you provide here. Thank you!
hhfarang
Hero
Hero

Post by hhfarang »

I bought a replacement for the Norelco one I mentioned above at Central Department Store Bangkok. Great shaver under the Philips brand name here.
My brain is like an Internet browser; 12 tabs are open and 5 of them are not responding, there's a GIF playing in an endless loop,... and where is that annoying music coming from?
arcadianagain
Ace
Ace

Post by arcadianagain »

I have had several Braun shavers over the years and always found them first class, the cheaper versions work as good as the more expensive models. I was given a tip many years ago by an assistant at John Lewis in London. For a more comfortable shave apply a light dusting of talcum powder (before you start) and you will not get the drag sometimes experienced if your face is damp with perspiration, naturally HHAD members don`t sweat!