How dangerous are centipedes? How to keep them away?

Discussion on family life, childcare, home making, shopping, lifestyle, pet care, gardening and general household issues.
Takiap
Rock Star
Rock Star

Re: How dangerous are centipedes? How to keep them away?

Post by Takiap »

We rarely saw any on our property, I think you might have a bit of a centipede problem. Like I said, since we got our first chickens, we don't see many small creatures roaming about other than toads and red ants. The red ants are dealt with using chaindrite powder. I don't like using chemicals at all but I just got fed up being bitten all the time. Saying that, I only have to use the powder once or twice a year.

BTW, about three years ago, a huge centipede tried to climb up my leg while I was sitting in the garden one night. It was one of the rare occasions I where long pants, and at first I simply thought I had felt a little beastie so I gave my leg a bit of a shake and forgot all about it. A few seconds later there was no mistaking the fact that there was something crawling up my leg, so I stood and gave my pants a shake and this bloody monster centipede fell out. Talk about getting shivers down my spine. :shock:

As I said in my last post, give me snakes any day.

:cheers:
Don't try to impress me with your manner of dress cos a monkey himself is a monkey no less - cold fact