Attractions for young children in Hua Hin.

Discussion on family life, childcare, home making, shopping, lifestyle, pet care, gardening and general household issues.
kendo
Rock Star
Rock Star

Attractions for young children in Hua Hin.

Post by kendo »

I know this has been done before but worth an update with a new thread.
My daughter is almost three and you can't keep her still for more than a couple of minuits, places to go and new attractions suitable for her age advise please.

Kendo. :cheers:
Is Bangkok a place or a nasty injury.......Eric Morcombe.

Proud to be a Southampton FC Fan.
Takiap
Rock Star
Rock Star

Re: Attractions for young children in Hua Hin.

Post by Takiap »

Seeing that nobody else has stepped forward, I'll try to offer some advice....

1. Heading north out of Hua-Hin, take the road on your left that heads up to Springfield Golf Club. There's a small deer breeding place not too far along which besides deer, also has quite a variety of birds/fowl; monkeys and I think two bears or four bears. The last time I was there the little restaurant place was not short of a apology with virtually nothing to offer so best to take your own refreshments and snacks. Not the best sort of place, but kids seem to enjoy it and you could possibly keep then amused there for a few hours at least. If you need to stretch the time more than that, just stop at one or two little Mom & Pop shops and let your daughter have an ice cream or two. https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set ... 718&type=1

2. I believe Terry also has a kiddies area at the Fishing Lodge along with a good restaurant. https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set ... 718&type=1

3. As far as I know the Magic Balloon Park also has a dedicated area for kids and I think (but not sure) that they have someone their to watch the kids as well should you want to go in the balloon or sit quietly with a beer.

4. There's also a kiddies play area at MV on the 2nd or 3rd floor which seems to be really fun for kids. It costs 50 baht for half an hour, and the kids must wear socks which you can take yourself or buy some there. You have to stay there while they play. There are also a load of little coin operated rides just outside the play area. Nothing special but something most three year old kids enjoy.

5. There's the beach :thumb: None of my daughter have ever complained about going to the beach, and they're more than happy to stay there the entire day.

6. On weekends they have arts and crafts classes for kids at the school that teaches fine arts, just a short way over the bridge heading south from Hua-Hin. I think it's about 200 for a few hours. Quite good if you need some alone time as well.

7. I've never been to Black Mountain Water Park but I assume it 's not geared for such young kids.

Hopefully other will be along with more ideas shortly

:cheers:
Don't try to impress me with your manner of dress cos a monkey himself is a monkey no less - cold fact
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

Championship Plymouth Argyle 1 - 0 Leicester City :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance:

Points 48; Position 18
Dannie Boy
Hero
Hero

Post by Dannie Boy »

Santorini just the other side of Cha Am heading towards Petchaburi, and nearby is the Swiss Sheep farm
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

Just a short trip (maybe on the way somewhere, but she'd love feeding the fish at Wat Bo Fai. https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set ... 718&type=1
Championship Plymouth Argyle 1 - 0 Leicester City :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance:

Points 48; Position 18
moe
Amateur
Amateur

Post by moe »

Takiap wrote:6. On weekends they have arts and crafts classes for kids at the school that teaches fine arts, just a short way over the bridge heading south from Hua-Hin. I think it's about 200 for a few hours. Quite good if you need some alone time as well.
For my older kids, this sounds really interesting. Anyone have more information about this?
7. I've never been to Black Mountain Water Park but I assume it 's not geared for such young kids.
They have a separate, shallow pool for toddlers, with a little slide etc.
usual suspect
Ace
Ace

Post by usual suspect »

There's always the goats/sheep to feed at the Sam Pran Floating Market..OK it's 10/20B per bottle of milk, but I've seen many a child giggling as they feed them.
Also the little train to ride around on.

Feeding the fish at Bor Fai is nice..it's so peacefull & nobody much ever there.
(On leaving, once on the 'Canal Rd' heading back towards HH, we called in at Mr Burger 3 restaurant, on the left for a mid-aft meal..pleasant surroundings there, meal OK also.)

We went last week to the elephant riding place at the back of the temple West of town..the general feeling I had was uncomfortable.. the place seemed to be run by hard-natured men & women..not nice..the staff were not intrested in us once we told them we did'nt want an elephant ride..then scowled at us all & made it rather plain we were not welcome (my wife's ears work rather well it seems) when we only bought bananas for the chained-up chang, & bags of food for the fish. Will not go there again.

IF you choose to go North of Cha Am to the Swiss sheep farm..GO MIDWEEK!..it's banged-out with tour buses full of BKK teens every weekend..you'd hate it mate.

Of course being a 'tight' Yorkshireman...I take our kids to the pool at Dusitland 8 for the aft.
40B adults, 20B kids, kid's pool (poss 2..?) chairs and tables in the shade, generally quiet there, snacks, ice-cream & beer all at 'street' prices, plus clean changing rooms, & because Stamford/Webster Uni's use the pool on an evenings the water is tested daily.

Well that's just a few to think of..see ya later.. :cheers: :thumb:
kendo
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by kendo »

Hi US where is Dusitland 8 we normally go down the road to the Sport Villa for a dip but unless you get there early all the Sun beds get reserved by z other tourists.
Kendo. :D

Takiap
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by Takiap »

moe wrote:
Takiap wrote:6. On weekends they have arts and crafts classes for kids at the school that teaches fine arts, just a short way over the bridge heading south from Hua-Hin. I think it's about 200 for a few hours. Quite good if you need some alone time as well.
For my older kids, this sounds really interesting. Anyone have more information about this?
They have a separate, shallow pool for toddlers, with a little slide etc.

http://www.vichuahin.com/
Don't try to impress me with your manner of dress cos a monkey himself is a monkey no less - cold fact
traveller2
Professional
Professional

Post by traveller2 »

Kendo, I believe the artist village west of town run art and craft classes for kids. My impression was they are like we used to have at school around the age of 6/7 years old ie make, paint, build whatever you like under supervision.
It might be worth enquiring about?

Also Hutsadin elephant sanctuary is virtually next door. Ive not visited, but the website gives a lot of information. It sounds like its geared more towards education and fun, rather than just elephant rides and sounds like they take good care of the elephants.

T2
wysiwyg (what you see is what you get)
kendo
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by kendo »

Thank you for your reply's there are a fair few good pointers to think about, where my daughter is still under three years old it is going to be a bit of a challenge and even more so when i take her up to Kap Choeng Prasat at least i won't die of boredom trying to keep her amused up there.

Can anyone tell me is the beach the other side of monkey mountain any better for little one's than Hua Hin beach i have never ventured right down in to Koh Takiab.

Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

It's a nice beach that goes all of the way down to Khao Tao. The problem I would have is that there is a narrow band of potentially sharp pieces of shell that go the entire length. Having said that, I've seen hundreds of people using the beach with no problem whatsoever.

Points 48; Position 18
moe
Amateur
Amateur

Post by moe »

kendo wrote:Can anyone tell me is the beach the other side of monkey mountain any better for little one's than Hua Hin beach i have never ventured right down in to Koh Takiab.
("Koh"? It's not an island.) The beaches at Khao Takiap and Suan Son, a little further south, are way better than the beaches closer to the city center, imo. Less dangerous rocks, less people, more space, friendlier hawkers (or no hawkers, at Suan Son), better and cheaper food and drinks, fewer dirty old men in speedos with bar-fine GFs. :-}
malcolminthemiddle
Guru
Guru

Post by malcolminthemiddle »

kendo wrote:Thank you for your reply's there are a fair few good pointers to think about, where my daughter is still under three years old it is going to be a bit of a challenge and even more so when i take her up to Kap Choeng Prasat at least i won't die of boredom trying to keep her amused up there.

Can anyone tell me is the beach the other side of monkey mountain any better for little one's than Hua Hin beach i have never ventured right down in to Koh Takiab.

If you drive along the Khao Takiab road taking the right fork where the road splits, drive past all the new condos and turn left at the very end, at the bottom of the road is the beach with two restaurants either side of the road. This is where we took our 3 year old to splash around while the adults could sit in the restaurant enjoying the excellent food at very reasonable prices. Catching the tide when it is going out is best for 3 year old splashing.