Steel band for wedding

Discussion on family life, childcare, home making, shopping, lifestyle, pet care, gardening and general household issues.
kazza
Rookie
Rookie

Steel band for wedding

Post by kazza »

Anyone know of a steel band that plays in Thailand , desperately looking to book one for my daughters wedding next year .... Many thanks
oakdale160
Rock Star
Rock Star

Re: Steel band

Post by oakdale160 »

Trinidadians in thailand???? Well I guess it could happen.
Frank La Rue
Guru
Guru

Post by Frank La Rue »

Could I suggest an electrified Issan band? There were a lot of them as I visited the candle wax festival in Ubon Rathcatani some years ago :thumb:
One Day I'm gona die. I can live with that.
hhfarang
Hero
Hero

Post by hhfarang »

oakdale160 wrote:Trinidadians in thailand???? Well I guess it could happen.
Beat me to it... just because the weather is similar doesn't make this the Carribbean! :wink:

I have seen some Thais make a beat on the bottom of empty paint buckets though... :D
My brain is like an Internet browser; 12 tabs are open and 5 of them are not responding, there's a GIF playing in an endless loop,... and where is that annoying music coming from?
kendo
Rock Star
Rock Star

Re: Steel band for wedding

Post by kendo »

I think the nearest thing you could maybe find is an tradition Issan band to see if it would be of use you can normally buy Issan music CDs in shopping malls or in Big C.

Or you could try getting the drummers from Hua Hin City football club. :D

Kendo. :?
Is Bangkok a place or a nasty injury.......Eric Morcombe.

Proud to be a Southampton FC Fan.
Arlo
Professional
Professional

Post by Arlo »

http://www.saxophonepub.com/

You could try and contact the Saxophone Pub in Bangkok. The website says blues and jazz but I have been a handful of times and have seen a brass band (nothing to do with jazz) a reggae band and some other really good music. They might be able to help you out.

http://hotpans.se/pan/bands/

This link has a list of steel bands and its broken down by what country they are located in. Scroll down to Thailand and you will find 1 band with contact info.

http://www.ecaroh.com/bmp/lead_act/soun ... ailand.htm

Here is a article: The sound of steel in Thailand
Lung Per
Legend
Legend

Post by Lung Per »

You could go talk to Lung Bay at the Fat Cat Guesthouse. He plays the trumpet and knows practically all musicians in Hua Hin.
Perhaps you should consider moving the wedding to the Carribean, same beaches but also the home of steel band music.
I wouldn't go to Scotland to look for Vodka or to Russia to look for Whiskey---- if you get my drift......

:blues:
A friend is only one click away
Bristolian
Deceased
Deceased

Post by Bristolian »

A steel band in Thailand....most of the used oil drums are used for BBQs, much too valuable to be used simply as steel drums :laugh:. You may be lucky but really suggest that you buy pre recorded music or look for more local or international music flavour, common in Thailand. If you are successful, all credit to your determination and resources. :cheers:
"'The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why." - Mark Twain
Dannie Boy
Hero
Hero

Post by Dannie Boy »

laksha wrote:Steel drum bands located nationwide from GigMasters. Steel drum bands available for weddings, parties, barbecues and events of all kinds.
Just 3 more posts Laksha!!