Toddler meet-up?!

Discussion on family life, childcare, home making, shopping, lifestyle, pet care, gardening and general household issues.
JodySeger
Novice
Novice

Toddler meet-up?!

Post by JodySeger »

Hello,

My family and I have newly moved to Hua Hin from Bangkok (where we've been living for the past two years). We have a young, 2.5 year old daughter and while she is now attending nursery 3 x days a week, I'd love to meet up with other parents with children the same age for play dates.

I'm very new here so I'm not well up on where would be a good, child-friendly venue so I'm open to suggestions!

All the best,
Jody
edwardbella
Novice
Novice

Re: Toddler meet-up?!

Post by edwardbella »

damn that law that requires me to take my passport to the beach . . . . . . . . . :cuss: :D

Addict
Addict

Post by Spitfire »

"Child friendly venues"......maybe you can find one or two from like-minded individuals in the same situation as you but they are unlikely to be reading the forum (and if they do then they probably don't comment much). There may be a bunch/community of like-minded folks with the same intentions but you will have to seek them out....maybe someone on here can help point you in the right direction.

If you ask me...the only real child friendly venues in LoS (not HH...don't know for sure) are at your house, with friends in the same situation as you or if you pay for an expensive school that provides a tele-tubbie world for them mixed with school in general.

Generally here in Thailand, they can't even get round to considering the needs of the disabled....let alone anyone else (other than the elite).

You will find one if you search enough but you will have to get your wallet out....or find the small niche that does it and you can get involved with it.

Sorry I can't be more helpful than that.
Resolve dissolves in alcohol
cozza
Professional
Professional

Post by cozza »

Jody, Which part of Hua Hin do you live in and where does your daughter go to nursery?

Try the Queen Sirikit Park on Soi 19, some pretty good equipment and in the afternoon theres generally kids down there too.