Where to buy Plant Seeds? (Fruits, herbs, vegetables)

Discussion on family life, childcare, home making, shopping, lifestyle, pet care, gardening and general household issues.
migrant
Addict
Addict

Re: Where to buy Plant Seeds? (Fruits, herbs, vegetables)

Post by migrant »

PeteC wrote: Sun Jul 29, 2018 1:41 pm Where I live farmers seem to have a preference for chicken poop. Apparently thousands of bags distributed on fields nearby causing a smell that has to be experienced to be believed. :(
When I first went to Korea, and out into the countryside, I couldn't believe the smell. Found out they fertilized with human waste :shock: .

I always understood that cow, chicken poop was good fertilizer since they don't eat meat. Maybe since the Korean diet (back then) was low on meat it worked.
The proper function of man is to live, not to exist. I shall not waste my days in trying to prolong them. I shall use my time.
Dannie Boy
Hero
Hero

Re: Where to buy Plant Seeds? (Fruits, herbs, vegetables)

Post by Dannie Boy »

migrant wrote: Sun Jul 29, 2018 5:05 pm
PeteC wrote: Sun Jul 29, 2018 1:41 pm Where I live farmers seem to have a preference for chicken poop. Apparently thousands of bags distributed on fields nearby causing a smell that has to be experienced to be believed. :(
When I first went to Korea, and out into the countryside, I couldn't believe the smell. Found out they fertilized with human waste :shock: .

I always understood that cow, chicken poop was good fertilizer since they don't eat meat. Maybe since the Korean diet (back then) was low on meat it worked.
I can’t say anything about human excrement, but for animals the fresher it is, the stronger it is and it will damage tender plants to the point where anything delicate could be killed off - this particularly applies to chicken poo which is very strong when fresh