Cost of kids

Discussion on family life, childcare, home making, shopping, lifestyle, pet care, gardening and general household issues.
migrant
Addict
Addict

Cost of kids

Post by migrant »

As a bean counter, I'm also a budgeter. Have been planning on a retirement in 2 years and have felt very comfortable with the numbers I've accumulated here, as well as other places, and experience.

The wife tossed a wrench into it the other day saying she'd like a kid.

She's younger than me, no kids. I've 2 that are at college but have no problem with another.

I've seen school threads, etc, but if anyone can help a dazzed bean counter with some of the additional costs, I'd appreciate it :cheers:

Costs here in the states I know (expensive!) but school costs, extra-curricular activities, etc, I don't have a clue
rowdy
Amateur
Amateur

Post by rowdy »

My wife has one 13 year old living with use in Huahin going thru high school there and the cost for this is about 18000 bart per term with two terms a year.
migrant
Addict
Addict

Post by migrant »

Thanks Rowdy :thumb: ,

We met with a Doctor and it looks like a little one is definately in the works.

I'm still working on a 2-3 year plan for living full time in Thailand, and the numbers help in potential budgets!

Thanks Again
Last edited by migrant on Mon Jun 09, 2008 1:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
SuperTonic
Suspended
Suspended

Post by SuperTonic »

Bit more than that if you want class sizes under 40 though isn't it? That price sounds like one of the 45-in-a-class places.
Libraries gave us power, then work came and made us [url=http://linux.com/]free[/url]. What price now for a shallow piece of dignity?
[url=http://www.ubuntu.com]sudo apt-get install linux[/url]
buksida

Post by buksida »

Most day to day stuff is relatively inexpensive here (compared to the west). Schooling is the key - you can put them in a cheap Thai style school but as stated above the classes will be full and the teaching limited.

Better schools in Hua Hin costs around 80-100k per year (including the extras) but again they are not international standard although there is an English curriculum.

All depends on the perceived standard of education you want really and how hungry the child is for learning.
Who is the happier man, he who has braved the storm of life and lived or he who has stayed securely on shore and merely existed? - Hunter S Thompson
rowdy
Amateur
Amateur

Post by rowdy »

I will have to ask the wife but my impression the classes weren't 40 per room but we do pay some extra per month extra tuition and it is an english language program,and she also studies some chinesse and japanees.But will chech on the class sizes