Hua Hin Hospital Express Clinic has moved

Medical issues, doctors, dentists, opticians and hospitals in Hua Hin and Thailand.
Dannie Boy
Addict
Addict

Re: Hua Hin Hospital Express Clinic has moved

Post by Dannie Boy » Sat Sep 29, 2018 8:16 am

To be fair, I doubt whether anybody reading this thread will know to any degree of certainty, whether the provision of the Bangkok Hospital has led to improvements to the Hua Hin Hospital, and/or to what extent - the main issue is that the HH Hospital has had a major investment in its facilities for which we can all be grateful.

Big Boy

Post by Big Boy » Sat Sep 29, 2018 8:33 am

This is the part I was referring to.
oakdale160 wrote:
Fri Sep 28, 2018 11:37 pm
YES it has, by incentivizing the Thai Hospitals, esp HH Hospital to improve their care to ex-pats and tourists.
I'd be very surprised any of the investment was because there are expats or tourists here. It is all done for the Thai population, and I'm very grateful that we can take advantage of the services.

I've been to public hospitals in expat areas with a much higher concentration of expats and tourists, and it was like the pre-improved Hua Hin Hospital.
League 1 Oxford 1 - 0 Plymouth Argyle :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Points 7; Position 24

Nereus
Addict
Addict

Post by Nereus » Sat Sep 29, 2018 8:58 am

Big Boy wrote:
Sat Sep 29, 2018 8:33 am
This is the part I was referring to.
oakdale160 wrote:
Fri Sep 28, 2018 11:37 pm
YES it has, by incentivizing the Thai Hospitals, esp HH Hospital to improve their care to ex-pats and tourists.
I'd be very surprised any of the investment was because there are expats or tourists here. It is all done for the Thai population, and I'm very grateful that we can take advantage of the services.

I've been to public hospitals in expat areas with a much higher concentration of expats and tourists, and it was like the pre-improved Hua Hin Hospital.
I beleive that you are all missing the point. The Hua Hin Hospital is there to provide for the areas prime family, regardless of whether or not they are in full time residence.
May you be in heaven half an hour before the devil know`s you`re dead!

Big Boy

Post by Big Boy » Sat Sep 29, 2018 9:04 am

I'm not missing any point. I gratefully accept that I am able to use the public facility. As far as Hua Hin Hospital is concerned, I very much doubt whether the presence of expats or tourists has influenced anything. They provide the best service they can for the Thai public, and they allow me to use their facility.

[Edit] It is the thought that Bangkok Hospital is influencing the wonderful improvements that I find incredulous.

Points 7; Position 24

Nereus
Addict
Addict

Post by Nereus » Sat Sep 29, 2018 9:23 am

Big Boy wrote:
Sat Sep 29, 2018 9:04 am
I'm not missing any point. I gratefully accept that I am able to use the public facility. As far as Hua Hin Hospital is concerned, I very much doubt whether the presence of expats or tourists has influenced anything. They provide the best service they can for the Thai public, and they allow me to use their facility.

[Edit] It is the thought that Bangkok Hospital is influencing the wonderful improvements that I find incredulous.
Oh well, you obviously know more about it than me. The fact remains that for many years the Hua Hin Hospital has provided a much higher level of facilities than any other provincial government hospital. The cardiac unit was provided for one reason only, as an example.
May you be in heaven half an hour before the devil know`s you`re dead!

Big Boy

Post by Big Boy » Sat Sep 29, 2018 9:30 am

Yes, but was it provided because Hua Hin had expats, tourists or because of Bangkok Hospital as is being suggested?

We probably all know the real reason.

Points 7; Position 24

PET
Ace
Ace

Post by PET » Sun Oct 07, 2018 5:00 pm

Big Boy wrote:
Sat Sep 29, 2018 9:30 am
Yes, but was it provided because Hua Hin had expats, tourists or because of Bangkok Hospital as is being suggested?

We probably all know the real reason.
Off topic but MOD will accept - Well done Plymouth off the bottom at last !!
Vincit Omnia Veritas - What matters in life is not where you are from but where you are going.

oakdale160
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by oakdale160 » Sun Oct 07, 2018 8:46 pm

In judging hospitals, much attention is given to facilities and equipment when the real factors that are important are the abilities and attitude of the staff. I broke my ankle about a year ago. I went to the HHH and received excellent care. Both the lady ER Dr and the young male Orthopedic Surgeon spoke excellent English, explained everything at length and were speedy and efficient. The bill was ridiculously low.