San Paolo Hospital Hua Hin - Warning

Medical issues, doctors, dentists, opticians and hospitals in Hua Hin and Thailand.
sargeant
Deceased
Deceased

Post by sargeant »

The Hua Hin hospital Is hardly New it has been rebuilt true but the hospital has been there from before i came here.
The new building has been open for months and there are 10 floors i am visiting the 6th floor for a Thai friend of 87 whos on his last legs i have seen and been in the lifts and seen people /staff press 8 and 9th floors but i will ask when i go next time about a royal floor
I will say i would be surprised if there was not one
A Greatfull Guest of Thailand
Nereus
Hero
Hero

Post by Nereus »

sargeant wrote:The Hua Hin hospital Is hardly New it has been rebuilt true but the hospital has been there from before i came here.
The new building has been open for months..............
Not to sure how they rebuilt a new building, but I suppose TIT?

Thanks anyway Sarge, and while you are asking do they have a cardiac unit in whatever part they call it. This was supposed to be one of the main features of the "new" building? Thanks & :cheers:
May you be in heaven half an hour before the devil know`s you`re dead!
sargeant
Deceased
Deceased

Post by sargeant »

The new building was built on land next to the old hospital (a piece of it which my stepsons grandmother donated for tambon /after life reasons)
The hospital buildings are finished as far as i can see and are in use however from what i can see while some new equipment has arrived i am also quite sure it is not complete from that point of view.As for a cardiac unit i will ask my doc next week as it is of quite serious interest for me
The old hospital now seems to be being used for maternity things had a niece deliver a shit machine there 2 months ago :shock: :shock: :wink: :wink:
A Greatfull Guest of Thailand
moja
Guru
Guru

Post by moja »

Nereus wrote:
moja wrote:Saw an advert for it on Soi 88 yesterday but too busy missing dog and motorcycle to read; will try to do better today!
The hospital in question is a government hospital, so I doubt very much that they are running advertisements. One of the big private hospitals, (maybe Bangkok Hospital Group?) is supposed to be building a new facility in Hua Hin, so perhaps that is the start of that.

Sarge, you go to that government hospital, can you find out the progress on the new wing, as it appears to be still under construction? :cheers:
I suggest you drive up Soi 88 then and see for yourself!!

The advert says New Hua Hin hospital opening 4.30 pm to 8.30 pm Monday to Friday shut Saturday, Sunday and special days.

I am sure this is not the only advert around town!
Nereus
Hero
Hero

Post by Nereus »

moja wrote:
Nereus wrote:
moja wrote:Saw an advert for it on Soi 88 yesterday but too busy missing dog and motorcycle to read; will try to do better today!
The hospital in question is a government hospital, so I doubt very much that they are running advertisements. One of the big private hospitals, (maybe Bangkok Hospital Group?) is supposed to be building a new facility in Hua Hin, so perhaps that is the start of that.

Sarge, you go to that government hospital, can you find out the progress on the new wing, as it appears to be still under construction? :cheers:
I suggest you drive up Soi 88 then and see for yourself!!

The advert says New Hua Hin hospital opening 4.30 pm to 8.30 pm Monday to Friday shut Saturday, Sunday and special days.
I am sure this is not the only advert around town!
Before you get off your high horse just think about what you have written.
It is obvious that it is some small clinic, or a complete windup.
May you be in heaven half an hour before the devil know`s you`re dead!
moja
Guru
Guru

Post by moja »

when it comes to high horses I think you were there first and perhaps should not post with such an agressive attitude until you know the facts.

I just said I had seen an advert but would check today what it said and THAT is what I have done

Whether it is a clinic or joke I do not know all I have just posted is what it said on the sign.
Lucky1
Novice
Novice

Re: San Paolo Hospital Hua Hin - Warning

Post by Lucky1 »

My thai wife went here for the birth of our second baby (second caesarean)... the first one was born in Hua Hin Hospital (more far)...

Beforehand they gived her a quote: "It will cost around BHT 45000".

In fact I had to pay BHT 107'000.- with the far too expensive so called "extras" (ie: everything excluding the doctor fees) :shock:

More, the baby had to be transferred to the Hua Hin Hospital for monitoring because they had (hopefully) no pediatrician...

Business is business, next time I think she'll choose to return to the Hua Hin Hospital.

I definitely not recommend this hospital. :cuss:
HHTel
Hero
Hero

Post by HHTel »

Wise after the fact. Avoid San Paulo unless it's nothing more than a cut finger ------ and they will charge you over the odds for that!
GLCQuantum
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by GLCQuantum »

I don't know how San Paulo is managing to remain open... there must be a hell of a helping hand for sure.

When only Hua Hin Hospital was available, San Paulo had some sort of market as their facilities were cleaner and more modern. I went to San Paolo on a few occasions...

The first was when I had 6 stitches in my chin after a brutal, to the death, fight - which I won. (I fell off my bike and bumped my chin in reality) Cost for my Dad :mrgreen: 3,500 baht. For 6 stitches. :shock:

I also stayed there for 4-6 weeks after an operation done at Petcharat Hosptal in Petchaburi. I had to lie flat on a bed all day every day as, apart from a shattered hip, which was fixed at Petcharat, I had cracked vertebrae. I also had to have those electric shock thinga-me-jigs in my leg muscles every morning...

I had a motorbike accident 6 years ago. I was picked up from the road and taken to Hua Hin Hospital, where they stitched up and patched up what they could and gave me morphine on my request (first time I'd ever tried it - good stuff). They (doctors over my 2+ month sitting in hospitals) had to wean me off of it after a month with some shite substitute after I requested it every 4 hours like I was told I could :mrgreen: . Hua Hin Hospital then had me transported to Petcharat to start the serious work.

Cost of a 4 and a half hour complicated surgery, followed with a one month stay at Petcharat hospital - 88,000+ baht. (they were brilliant... I can still play football but I can't shoot with my left - never really could anyway).

Cost of laying on a bed all day for 4-6 weeks with some physiotherapy and a BKK Post at San Paulo Hospital - 212,000+ baht.

There's literally no point of using San Paulo anymore as BKK Hospital is just down the street if you want a more 'upmarket' hospital.

:cheers:
Khundon1975
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by Khundon1975 »

The wife took me to San Paolo back in 2003, when I was getting chest pain one day.

Cost of one ECG (no sticky electrodes but those old suction cup style sensors) 1 x 300mg aspirin, one night in bed with a thin soup for evening meal and exactly the same soup for breakfast. No blood tests, despite me asking for enzyme blood tests.
Cost, Baht 24k
You lot are lucky that you now have BKK hospital as well as many other choices now. Back then it was take it or leave it.
I would never set foot in the place now, unless it was to ask the time, even then, I would ask for a second opinion.

:wink:
I've lost my mind and I am making no effort to find it.
GLCQuantum
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by GLCQuantum »

"I would never set foot in the place now, unless it was to ask the time, even then, I would ask for a second opinion".

I knew a guy who was given pills relating to female pregnancy to take. :shock:
StevePIraq
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by StevePIraq »

I have personally been to SP 4 times, each time excellent service and treatment and far less expensive than going to Bangkok Hospital Hua Hin, maybe it all depends of the what treatment is required.

It is always easy to find fault I have found a lot of negative aspects about BKK HH and personally would not go unless covered by insurance.
"Live everyday as if it were your last because someday you're going to be right." Muhammad Ali
HHTel
Hero
Hero

Post by HHTel »

Yes, San Paulo can change dressings perfectly but more than 5 times the cost of the Red Cross. When it comes to diagnosis, they struggle. Hua Hin Hospital is still the best option here. Bangkok Hospital, expensive as it is, have been guilty of some serious misdiagnoses. One particular case, the subject almost died until a second opinion was sought.
Pagey
Legend
Legend

Post by Pagey »

HHTel wrote:Yes, San Paulo can change dressings perfectly but more than 5 times the cost of the Red Cross. When it comes to diagnosis, they struggle. Hua Hin Hospital is still the best option here. Bangkok Hospital, expensive as it is, have been guilty of some serious misdiagnoses. One particular case, the subject almost died until a second opinion was sought.
Are you sure that's not the other way round Tel ? I know you know the lady I am thinking of and it was Bkk hospital that saved her life after HH hospital messed up.
'If you didn't have a wasted youth you wasted your youth'

Man in pub circa 1987.
booboo
Rookie
Rookie

Post by booboo »

Unfortunately I have had to use all the Hospitals here in the 7 yrs I've lived here, and they all have good and bad points, but there's one theme runs through them all, they all over subscribe pills for even the most Minor ailments, I don't mind paying the Doctors fee, but when he says I am going to give you a prescription, I always say can you right it down for me as I can't afford pills from the Hospital, I will get from the my own Pharmacy, they never complain, I then go to the Pharmacy and say do I really need all these, and usually they say no you don't, just one will do !