Skin Cancer

Medical issues, doctors, dentists, opticians and hospitals in Hua Hin and Thailand.
MrPlum
Banned
Banned

Re: results from Jayhawk

Post by MrPlum »

jayhawk874 wrote:The result, was that it was a fungus, formed by the possible contact with my dog.
Aha. You needed the fungicidal dog liniment Poochisil. Don't know how I missed it. :thumb:

Glad to hear it was a false alarm on the cancer front and that my reckless suggestions didn't lead to you popping your clogs.

If you have any stomach problems after finishing the antibiotics, take some pro-biotics, or a few yoghurt drinks, to restore your beneficial gut and bowel bacteria.

takiap
Thanks for the support. I haven't heard of Lamisil. Info here.. http://www.drugs.com/lamisil.html
Last edited by MrPlum on Fri Mar 27, 2009 2:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Arcadian
Ace
Ace

skin cancer

Post by Arcadian »

just a quick follow up to Mr.Plum`s last post, is Danone Activia yogurt available in HH. I suffered from digestion and heartburn problems but as their advertising claimed, after 15 days on Activia the problem disappeared.
margaretcarnes
Rock Star
Rock Star

skin cancer

Post by margaretcarnes »

Hi Arcadian - yes Danone is widely available in the UK and has a huge ad campaign. Its interesting to hear you say that it works, because it has it's critics of course who say that there are much cheaper alternatives, which there probably are! Fortunately I rarely need tummy stuff and wouldn't shell out for things like Danone, but did used to find that a straight shot of peppermint cordial would solve any little problem. These days no one seems to sell the stuff.
It's good to hear Takiaps experiences and his willingness to try alternatives, as I do believe the Thais still have faith and skill in more traditional therapies, and we shouldn't knock them. Some traditional masseuse there can be scary but a good one can work wonders.
On the subject of spinal problems though - just yesterday I came across a syndrome with a long name which basically means a fear of exacerbating an existing painful condition. In this case also a spine, where the client simply will not sit. Only stand or lie down. It was quite refreshing to see that a Brit consultant recognised and acknowledged the problem.
A sprout is for life - not just for Christmas.
PeteC

Post by PeteC »

Try a shot of Zambuca, Margaret. Works for me. Pete :cheers:
Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed. Source
hhfarang
Hero
Hero

Post by hhfarang »

Do you mean Sambuca? A shot of that over ice works wonders for me too! :cheers:
STEVE G
Hero
Hero

Post by STEVE G »

prcscct wrote:Try a shot of Zambuca, Margaret. Works for me. Pete :cheers:
If you mean as treatment for a fear of sitting down, I would try about five generous shots in rapid succession!
PeteC

Post by PeteC »

hhfarang wrote:Do you mean Sambuca? A shot of that over ice works wonders for me too! :cheers:
Yes, sorry, I was speaking Thai. :shock: As a replacement for the peppermint cordial Steve. Pete :cheers:

PS: More brain dead then usual tonight. I've been watching ice skating Disney characters most of the day. Hi Ho, Hi Ho.....but little P2 loved it. :D
Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed. Source
Khundon1975
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by Khundon1975 »

STEVE G wrote:
prcscct wrote:Try a shot of Zambuca, Margaret. Works for me. Pete :cheers:
If you mean as treatment for a fear of sitting down, I would try about five generous shots in rapid succession!
STEVE G

10 shots in quick succession, will have you laying down. :cheers:
I've lost my mind and I am making no effort to find it.
Nereus
Hero
Hero

Post by Nereus »

prcscct wrote: PS: More brain dead then usual tonight. I've been watching ice skating Disney characters most of the day. Hi Ho, Hi Ho.....but little P2 loved it. :D
Didn't see you there Pete. Most enjoyable show I thought, just a bit of a panic with the little one when the fire breathing Dragon appeared!!! :cheers:
May you be in heaven half an hour before the devil know`s you`re dead!
PeteC

Post by PeteC »

Nereus wrote:
prcscct wrote: PS: More brain dead then usual tonight. I've been watching ice skating Disney characters most of the day. Hi Ho, Hi Ho.....but little P2 loved it. :D
Didn't see you there Pete. Most enjoyable show I thought, just a bit of a panic with the little one when the fire breathing Dragon appeared!!! :cheers:
Yes, it was good but those seats are killers. Level 1 section BB, row E seat 8-9-10. Fought a war getting a taxi aftwards. Driver said "taxi companies didn't know about the event...." :shock: Pete :cheers:
Bluesky
Guru
Guru

Re: skin cancer

Post by Bluesky »

The last post on this subject is a little dated. Is anyone aware of any dermatologists practicing in the Hua Hin area? I will need to have a small sun cancer removed from the back of my hand. Normally in Australia it is done by directing a fine spray of liquid nitrogen onto the spot or laser treatment.
'Diplomacy is the art of telling people to go to hell in such a way they ask for directions'. -Winston Churchill-
Bluesky
Guru
Guru

Post by Bluesky »

Found a dermatologist on Petchkasem Rd. about 80 meters past the Palace northbound on the right hand side.She immediately identified the spot in question as a Keratosis and arranged appropriate treatment.
'Diplomacy is the art of telling people to go to hell in such a way they ask for directions'. -Winston Churchill-
wpcoe
Professional
Professional

Post by wpcoe »

If it truly is skin cancer, like the "common" basal cell carcinoma, proper treatment (after a biopsy to confirm) is surgical removal. It is necessary to get the basal cell(s) at the bottom of the skin layer, and laser/nitrogen usually doesn't go that deep.
booboo
Rookie
Rookie

Post by booboo »

I'm currently having treatment for skin cancer, I went to a clinic on Soi 55' the guy took a very quick look, all of 5 seconds and said you have skin cancer, it must be cut out now, very blunt and straight to the point, I didn't like his attitude and because it was in a very sensitive place at the bottom of my neck I wanted a second opinion, after some research on the Internet, I went to a clinic in Bangkok, they did a biopsy and said the cancer hadn't spread, it was still on the surface, so I could have it burnt off with liquid nitrogen, it wasn't pleasant, but a lot better than having a big lump cut out of me ! I don't have a lot of faith in any so called Doctors in Hua Hin !
thecolonel
Legend
Legend

Post by thecolonel »

Bluesky wrote:Found a dermatologist on Petchkasem Rd. about 80 meters past the Palace northbound on the right hand side.She immediately identified the spot in question as a Keratosis and arranged appropriate treatment.
Is she still there does anyone know? Or any other up to date recommendations to get skin cancer checked in Hua Hin(as this thread is 3 years old) ?

Also, I've heard of Dr Nirat's clinic(skin) out of town on Soi 112 somewhere, I'm assuming they cover skin cancer?

Like anyone Im looking for someone who's well regarded but ideally in or close to Hua Hin

Thanks

Sent from my Redmi Note 4 using Tapatalk