The new Bangkok Hospital in Hua Hin

Medical issues, doctors, dentists, opticians and hospitals in Hua Hin and Thailand.
Dr Mike
Guru
Guru

Re: The new Bangkok Hospital in Hua Hin

Post by Dr Mike »

A team from Bangkok went down to look at the construction on Thursday and tell me that it is gong well. As anybody familar with construction knows, the interior fit-out can hit snags but it should be weeks rather than months before it is open. I will try to get a more accurate date as we get closer.
sansaran
Rookie
Rookie

Post by sansaran »

Have read all the previous posts about your new hospital,but the question about a dental surgery unit is not commented yet from your side,or have I just missed it? A lot of farangs in their 60`s should appreciate this dental service. Would really be a plus both for the longstayers and the 2-3 weeks tourists! Can you please comment upon this?
robe
Rookie
Rookie

Post by robe »

Will there also be a eye clinic?
Dr Mike
Guru
Guru

Post by Dr Mike »

In answer to questions
In Phase 2 (April or May) when the Out Patient Department opens there will be a Dental Clinic and an Opthalmology (Eye) clinic
The understudy
Ace
Ace

Post by The understudy »

Hi there Dr. Mike

I'm planning to start a family in a few years time will your Hospital also have forgive me for not knowing the right medical term. A pragnancy & Child Birth section?
And will your Mobile ICU's be locally modified Toyotas or some othr brands?

Your's The understudy!!!
In Love with Hua Hin since 19naughty9 and it ain't fading!!!
(My fable for All Things Japanese knows no boundaries!) Proud Student of Stamford University Hua Hin Campus from 1999 to 2004 (5th Batch of Graduates.)
“Once you survive Stamford U Hua Hin Campus only you can survive anything!!!”
Dr Mike
Guru
Guru

Post by Dr Mike »

When I started my career,(when penicillin was the new wonder drug) the department was called the Obstetrics and Gynaecology Department, now its more PC title is Women's Health Care. I rather like another older title Maternity Department.

And YES we will have one --now your first task, and you say you have a few years, is to find a lady who shares your dream!!!
The understudy
Ace
Ace

Post by The understudy »

Yep yep you are certainly right Dr. Mike

I once had a Woman of my dreamZ within my graps but as a matter of a tragic fate a once close friend of ours (my close circle of friends @ Stamford Univ.) snatched her away from me this much I'll tell. (It's a rather long story better told in the Foe section as for the language and profanity level I'll use to describe this guy who was a friend once will not be mild)

But I had find a Woman who'seems to be promising but if she's the woman of my dreams? Time will tell!!!
In Love with Hua Hin since 19naughty9 and it ain't fading!!!
(My fable for All Things Japanese knows no boundaries!) Proud Student of Stamford University Hua Hin Campus from 1999 to 2004 (5th Batch of Graduates.)
“Once you survive Stamford U Hua Hin Campus only you can survive anything!!!”
buksida

Post by buksida »

Dr Mike wrote: and an Opthalmology (Eye) clinic
Will the clinic be offering corrective laser treatments similar to these guys: http://www.lasikthai.com ?
Who is the happier man, he who has braved the storm of life and lived or he who has stayed securely on shore and merely existed? - Hunter S Thompson
Dr Mike
Guru
Guru

Post by Dr Mike »

EYE CLINIC: The Clinics will open in about 6-7 months time. I cannot say at this time whether they will offer this service immediatly on oopening, but eventually Yes.
JD
Legend
Legend

Post by JD »

Will the hospital have a Hyperbaric Oxygen Chamber?
Per Angusta In Augusta.
-----------------------------------------------
http://www.facebook.com/huahinhamandbacon
www.hamandbacon.co.th
Dr Mike
Guru
Guru

Post by Dr Mike »

HYPERBARICCHAMBER--No plansforthat at the moment.
Jaime
Legend
Legend

Post by Jaime »

Hi Dr Mike,

Will it be possible for those residing outside of Thailand to contact the hospital and arrange for surgery on a visit to Thailand?

If so will it be possible to obtain an initial quotation for the surgery via a web enquiry form? Some time ago I was considering arranging an op at Bumrungrad and obtained a quotation via a web enquiry form.

I am thinking of operations such as those to do with repair of knee ligaments or meniscus damage. Also, mole removal!
Dr Mike
Guru
Guru

Post by Dr Mike »

The answers are all yeses-- Our orthopedic team are just excellent AND we offer a fixed price for the procedure. On the other hand we will not be doing surgery such as this until Phase 3 in about june 2011 and you may want to consider coming and having your op in BKK and then going to HH to rest, relax and recuperate.
write to me at Moreton@bgh.co.th and I will get you a quote. Sad that both the $ and te Pound are doing so badly against the baht at the moment
Dr Mike
Guru
Guru

Post by Dr Mike »

I have been impressed when talking to groups in Hua Hin how the need to improve Ambulance services is a request that I hear frequently. I have conveyed that message to BKK and I am happy to say that the Ambulances will be of the MOBILE ICUs standard with equipment of board for cardiacmonitoring and treatment.This means that treatment can commence at pick-up and is not delayed until arrival at the hospital. It also means that those patients who need to be transported to BKK can be monitored and medically suported during the journey.
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

Dr Mike wrote:I have been impressed when talking to groups in Hua Hin how the need to improve Ambulance services is a request that I hear frequently. I have conveyed that message to BKK and I am happy to say that the Ambulances will be of the MOBILE ICUs standard with equipment of board for cardiacmonitoring and treatment.This means that treatment can commence at pick-up and is not delayed until arrival at the hospital. It also means that those patients who need to be transported to BKK can be monitored and medically suported during the journey.
This brings me back to a question that I posed without answer several weeks ago. Where will you be getting the personnel to man these ambulances? Current Hua Hin ambulances do not have that sophistication. Will you be bringing necessary trained personnel with you, or will you be recruiting locally and training the crews?
Championship Plymouth Argyle 0 - 1 Preston NE :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Points 41; Position 18